Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The 2008 Outback was unveiled at Detroit, pfeh!

And thats why i droped a ton of money in my 1997 for a new engine. I would consider the 4dr jeep wrangler first.

Did anyone see the motor trend article on 4 dr sedans chasing after cmary. Is it just me or did they all look identical? Thats another reason i like my 1997, its blue, and it doesnt look like a clone.

nipper

It's got the Tribeca snout nose. :confused:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16517573/displaymode/1176/rstry/16531770/

*I* won't be buying any new Subarus that's fordamnsure.

what are you talking about man..

new_legacy-and-outback-small.jpg

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/crossovers/naias-subaru-unveils-revamped-2008-legacy-outback

2006.subaru.b9.tribeca.jpg

not sure what yall are smokin but that looks nothing like the B9....thing

var xmlHttp3 var ajaxElem3 function ExecuteAjax3(inURL,inElem) { ajaxElem3 = inElem; if (inURL.length > 0 && inElem.length > 0 ) { if (inURL.indexOf("?") == -1 ) { var url= inURL + "?sid=" + Math.random(); } else { var url= inURL + "&sid=" + Math.random(); }//alert(url); var ajaxElement = document.getElementById(ajaxElem3); if (ajaxElement != null) { document.getElementById(ajaxElem3).innerHTML="Loading..."; } xmlHttp3=GetXmlHttpObject3(stateChanged3) xmlHttp3.open("GET", url , true) xmlHttp3.send(null) } } function stateChanged3() { if (xmlHttp3.readyState==4 || xmlHttp3.readyState=="complete") { if (ajaxElem3.length > 0) { var ajaxElement = document.getElementById(ajaxElem3); if (ajaxElement != null) { document.getElementById(ajaxElem3).innerHTML=xmlHttp3.responseText; } } } } function GetXmlHttpObject3(handler) { var objXmlHttp3=null if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera")>=0) { //alert("This functionality is not currently supported in Opera browsers.") return } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE")>=0) { var strName="Msxml2.xmlHttp" if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 5.5")>=0) { strName="Microsoft.xmlHttp" } try { objXmlHttp3=new ActiveXObject(strName) objXmlHttp3.onreadystatechange=handler return objXmlHttp3 } catch(e) { //alert("Error. Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled") return } } if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla")>=0) { objXmlHttp3=new XMLHttpRequest() objXmlHttp3.onload=handler objXmlHttp3.onerror=handler return objXmlHttp3 }} ExecuteAjax3('http://www.subaru.com.au/templates/global/ajax/motivators.cfm?def=92467D5C-A969-131F-D560E5F559BB2131_14341917-1323-B8CE-DF996E0617FA4E62_6DACA651-A9A3-9958-79B911873AE0AEB2_B8CFCE85-1568-D06D-806F9EF989E76E33&site_id=13ADA39C-1254-137C-AA9B13F20A10F940&motivator_category=overview','motivator_2007_Outback_30R_Wagon'); Outback 3.0R Premium

[/url]

Wagon

» Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive

» Airbags (6) & DataDot security

» 5 Star ANCAP¹ safety rating

» Anti-lock Braking System

» 200mm ground clearance²

Oh, AU $. I almost flipped when I first saw that...

Subarus of the past have always been unusual looking. Only recently have they begun appearing not as oddball (introduction of Gen 4 Lego). I once read a review of the Gen I Impreza WRX appearance resembling "a bulldog chewing on a wasp" and the current Impreza is just as goofy as hell, bugeye headlights and all.

Subarus aren't designed by the Italians, and thankfully not engineered by them either.

It appears that the current designer liked the looks of the now gone Ford Taurus.

You may have spoken too soon. The following link speaks to Subaru's search for that Italian, French, Grecian influence. If my memory serves me correctly, the 80-90s style shift was ushered in by an Italian designer. http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=3553&vf=1

Subarus of the past have always been unusual looking. Only recently have they begun appearing not as oddball (introduction of Gen 4 Lego). I once read a review of the Gen I Impreza WRX appearance resembling "a bulldog chewing on a wasp" and the current Impreza is just as goofy as hell, bugeye headlights and all.

Subarus aren't designed by the Italians, and thankfully not engineered by them either.

It appears that the current designer liked the looks of the now gone Ford Taurus.

Yeah, it looks NOTHING like the Edsel grill.

Yet I don't like it. It looks like it's trying to be aggressive, and it's failing miserably. I dunno what was wrong with the 05-07 design, unless Subaru feels like they have to follow suit with everyone else and change every 2 years (read: Impreza).

However, I like our Outback nose better than the JDM Outback nose:

41_1.jpg

It screams Chrysler Town and Country :rolleyes:

What exactly was wrong with the 00-03 design? I personally like that design.

Melted bar of soap appearance looked like a Camry with big fog lights. Yawn. It's probably why the styling didn't last long. It also looks too much like the older Passat and Subaru arch-nemesis Audi.

What exactly was wrong with the 00-03 design? I personally like that design.

my self i like alot of old designs. like the mid 90s to early 2000's BMW 7 series, i like the first gen legacys and the old 80s subarus. I like alot of old cars and wonder why companies always have to change right when i start to like the current generation. for me it came down to this. if i worked for subaru we would still have the bugeye impreza... we wouldn't have that B9 thing. overall it would be a boring company and in the end it would only apeal to people that think like me and like simple functional designs. but to make money and apeal to a wide groupe they need to change. IMO they don't make many good design changes.. they need some good designers that will make subaru stand out without having to cover our eyes becuase the new model looks bad. :cool:

Yeah, it looks NOTHING like the Edsel grill.

Yet I don't like it. It looks like it's trying to be aggressive, and it's failing miserably. I dunno what was wrong with the 05-07 design, unless Subaru feels like they have to follow suit with everyone else and change every 2 years (read: Impreza).

However, I like our Outback nose better than the JDM Outback nose:

41_1.jpg

It screams Chrysler Town and Country :rolleyes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nipperdawg/341769520/

mines prettier

nipper