Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Things are happening! yes they are!

Hello all! I have a 2004 subaru legacy 35th anniversary edition sedan I am getting a new spoiler on my subaru due to poor installation from the port. I orginially had the spoiler removed from a subaru dealership and had to have the trunk repainted and fixed because of a amount of time rust formed around the spoiler bolts in my trunk and caused the trunk to rust, all went well then after that I developed a vibration in the trunk well it was the spolier again problems with the hardware so per subaru rep he gave the ok to order a brand new one. I am pleased so the subaru dealership is going to paint and installl a new one, so while I am there I figure I will have the brakes checked, and I have a squeak coming from the belts again I had had them adjusted awhile ago and you can hear a sweak from them again so I want that to be checked out also, this is all warranty anyways so it's cool. Subaru does to me take good care of there customers and the subaru rep we have is a great guy, I had also known him prior to from when I worked at a subaru dealer.

You're from Dalton too? Small world :) Finally got a bit of snow I heard..

Are you getting the work done at Pete's? They do good work there, but they charge for not doing stuff. I brought my Outback there a couple years ago to have them check something to see if it was under warranty. They told me they had to check out the problem first and then check the listing of what was covered. And charged me $65 because it wasn't covered. They claimed they couldn't check the list without checking the car.. Pretty lame :-\

-Eric

You're from Dalton too? Small world :) Finally got a bit of snow I heard..

Are you getting the work done at Pete's? They do good work there, but they charge for not doing stuff. I brought my Outback there a couple years ago to have them check something to see if it was under warranty. They told me they had to check out the problem first and then check the listing of what was covered. And charged me $65 because it wasn't covered. They claimed they couldn't check the list without checking the car.. Pretty lame :-\

-Eric

Yeah I have heard of dealers doning that but they have benn good to me, they also know I worked at a subaru dealer and was a service writer and a parts guy to and I also know the subaru rep to so I think they tend to back down a bit to, because of what I know and used to do I am very knowledgeable of subaru's and I think when I have mentioned things they are like wow so nothing gets by me. so are you from this area?

wow, take a breath between thoughts there :P that was one of the longest sentences I've ever seen I think :)

yeah, I'm from dalton too :)

I graduated from Wahconah in 93..

Hey man I didn't start wahconah till 1994 and graduated in 1997 i have many friends and family that graduated from there also. so what kind of subaru do you have? do you ever come up this way at all? do you have family or friends up here to?

Hey again, yup I try to get home a few times a year. We were just home for Christmas, so I'm not sure when I'll be home again.

Yeah my family is all there, well, except my sister, who's in Mississippi.

I drive a 99 Legacy Outback Limited wagon (30th anniversary, but mine didn't come with the sticker on the driver's side behind the front wheel like everyone else's 30th anniversary).

It's been a great car for 7 1/2 years.. I've had a few problems here and there, but when it's running right, everything's great :)

Hey again, yup I try to get home a few times a year. We were just home for Christmas, so I'm not sure when I'll be home again.

Yeah my family is all there, well, except my sister, who's in Mississippi.

I drive a 99 Legacy Outback Limited wagon (30th anniversary, but mine didn't come with the sticker on the driver's side behind the front wheel like everyone else's 30th anniversary).

It's been a great car for 7 1/2 years.. I've had a few problems here and there, but when it's running right, everything's great :)

Hey man I had a 1999 subaru outback I bought with 43k on it and traded it in with 60k on it for my 2004 subaru leagcy 35th anniversary edition now! I had a new reman transmission installed in it under subaru's warranty due to internal seal failure, but it was all good and I had the rear seperator plate replaced to a metal one cause it leaked and the oil pan gasket and the valve cover gaskets all at once, all under warranty to so I payed for nothing other than that the car was awesome man I do miss it but, I love my legacy now though more, I never had anything else go wrong with that outback than those things it was a fun car to drive I worked at the subaru dealer to man so I got a chance to watch the engine come out to do the oil leaks and watched the transmission get replaced to. I never had a head gasket problem either like everyone else has either.