Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show off your roos Mileage!

• 2 weeks later...

82 BRAT, has 293,000 original engine w/one change of headgaskets. Last year, drove to the Colo. river/lees ferry, for rafting trip down the Grand Canyon, packed to the max with raft/gear, still 34mpg.

I got another 82/GL BRAT, rebuilt engine w/0miles, 202,000. One of these days I'll get to drive it(almost there).

I did read/scan all the pre.pages, and hadn't posted before...

11k miles, not a typo? Did someone buy this car and just forgot about it?

Not a typo. Yep - Basically! I guess the old man who bought it got sick/hospice - neighbor drove it every several weeks around the block.

daughter got it when he died... then left it to sit since 07. only a nick on the bumper, some cracked vinyl on right side top of door panels. Total score for me - my new CAV (commuter assault vehicle). Runs and looks like new minus some faded bits, and lichen corrosion spots on paint. It was totally covered/green when we found it.

Edit:

A late night run to help out a buddy from work... kicked over 11,111! was trying to grab a pic while on freeway (don't do this at home) at almost 1am so no traffic... missed 11,111.1 :(

IMG_20100812_003830.jpg

Edited by sl33py

Not a typo. Yep - Basically! I guess the old man who bought it got sick/hospice - neighbor drove it every several weeks around the block.

daughter got it when he died... then left it to sit since 07. only a nick on the bumper, some cracked vinyl on right side top of door panels. Total score for me - my new CAV (commuter assault vehicle). Runs and looks like new minus some faded bits, and lichen corrosion spots on paint. It was totally covered/green when we found it.

wow... good for you! I'd love to have a new old gen subie in my driveway!

I have a '91 Loyale I bought in 2008 because the odometer read 132,620k.

It was not until after I got it home (a trip of about 30 miles) when I realized the odometer still read: 132,620.

Having now worked on it a fair amount, and asked around with the infamous "is this part supposed to look like that?" question, I have more or less decided it went well over 200k before I bought it. That or it was thoroughly abused in its previous life.

Then last week while I was hunting for parts in a junkyard, I came across a Loyale with 473k on the clock. The engine was cleaner than most I've seen. Not sure why it was there--if it had had wheels I probably could have driven it out of the yard. I paid my respects and quietly moved on to the next one. (Well, and I had a hunch there was a reason that one was in the yard :( ).

My speedo just hit 305,000KM which means it has now done 460,000KM,New 5 speed and factory reverse valve twin carb engine being preped for replacement .

Might just wait till it hits an even 500,000 KM before I do the swap still runs great.

5 speed it being AWD converted also as the engine should make around 130 Hp and FWD on the road wont cut it.8,500 Redline go the 81 who needs an EJ

And yes the body shell is still tight very little wheelin on this rig.

• 3 weeks later...
so a brighton is an impreza? that looks like an RS to me. Its got the rs spoiler except its missing the fog lights.

A brighton is just a more base model than the L model. They had the impreza brighton and a legacy brighton. I'm pretty sure the impreza never came with that wing unless it was an RS, and the front bumper may be swapped too.

A brighton is just a more base model than the L model. They had the impreza brighton and a legacy brighton. I'm pretty sure the impreza never came with that wing unless it was an RS, and the front bumper may be swapped too.

More base than an L? How is that possible, did they take its dignity away?