Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lolo pass-Still creek basin Mt.Hood

scoobyclimbs

Last weekend Chazmataz and I met up for a day of wheelin' in the snow . We headed up toward Lolo pass and almost made it . However, the snow conditons were rather soft. I broke trail in some old tracks with the rear LSD working hard and the trans too (got hot twice-4eat) so we stopped for a few to let it cool down . I went as far as I could highcentering my outback , Chaz gave me a quick pull and I was out. We decided to turn around . We got to a turnaround a stuck both rigs right next to one another..DOH! Some digging and we were out.

We headed to Still creek basin for some quad trail action. This was more fun than lolo pass anyway. We did find a cool waterfall along the way.

I discovered a quad trail off fs rd 32 and cleared some blowdown with my bow saw. Then we went off on the powerline rd(trail) which had a tough climb . I attempted but couldn't quite make it up over some slippery rocks coverd with snow. Chaz made it with a bit of effort and then I tried again just shy and stopped .We hooked up 3 tow straps and chaz gave me just enough of a nudge to get me over (nice work!). We continued on to find a few dead ends and then found a way through the loop . I got stuck trying to climb a slippery slope. Chaz tried to give me a pull but his clutch was heatin up . We then hooked up Chaz's industrial come-along! to a tree and after some man power winching we were off again heading down.

It was a good day of wheelin'...:headbang:

outgl07.jpg

lolo7.jpg

wat07.jpg

glup1.jpg

glup.jpg

climb072.jpg

quadII.jpg

quadIII.jpg

quadI.jpg

glstump.jpg

hey you should let me know next time you guys are going, I cant drive but I want to get up there in the snow. Is that the hill we went up last time we went out together? the one that had a steep rocky climb? if you guys made it up that, or even better, DOWN it safely I'm impressed.

sorry for posting so late. me and greg did have a fun day of wheelin. we took some quad trails and even tried to make our own, well actually we did make our own but it looped back to the existing one we started on. :grin: well here are some pics that i took, i won't double up pics so i'm posting pics after where greg's left off.

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

Great pics Chaz! It's always kinda hard to get the shot when ur on the move ya know..especially when were diggin or pullin'.

Hey Trevor, I would've taken ya up there . However, I know ur not a early riser...we were on the road by 8am from Sandy...the answer to your other question . That climb were headin down was before we hooked up at Badger lake where I pinched my tire between rocks and bent the rim....:headbang:

Great pics Chaz! It's always kinda hard to get the shot when ur on the move ya know..especially when were diggin or pullin'.

Hey Trevor, I would've taken ya up there . However, I know ur not a early riser...we were on the road by 8am from Sandy...the answer to your other question . That climb were headin down was before we hooked up at Badger lake where I pinched my tire between rocks and bent the rim....:headbang:

its cool, if I can get up and be on the road by 5 with my uncle for working at the ski races I'm sure I can do that for something a bit more fun :-)

My wagon may or may not be good to go next sunday if you want to head up, but I'm hoping it is, I can get one of my friends to drive.