Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Impreza RS Codes P0106 & P1143

I was getting a single error code: P0107

After replaceing the pressure sensor I now get a clear CEL for two or three engine starts, but once the CEL comes on it there till I reset it.

Now I'm getting two new error codes: P0106 & P1143.

What does this translate to?

P0106 Pressure sensor circuit range/performance problem (low input)

What the difference between P0106 and the P0107 ?

The other code P1143 I can't find in the list of codes ?

Anyone know what it translates to ?

I seem to be going in the wrong direction.

I've checked all vacuum hoses. Everything looks fine there.

Wires also looks good. I have not a clue where to go from here ?

Thanks,

Fred

Here is a list of the codes as defined from Equus web site:

P0106 Generic Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance

P0107 Generic Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Low Input

P1143 Subaru Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

It appears all of them have to do with the MAP sensor. Looking at the definitions it appears to me that the sensor is not getting enough signal to the ECU. Since you have replaced the sensor the next thing to do is look for a wiring problem between the sensor and the ECU. There appears to be a bad connection somewhere causing a low signal level. I would check the connections between the sensor and the ECU using a ohmmeter to make sure they are ok. If they are good then the problem may be with the input of the ECU for that circuit. Some folks have found bad solder joints to the connector, inside the ECU.

One other thought is that the new sensor may be bad. It appears the codes changed after you replaced the sensor so if the wiring is ok then it would seem to point to the new sensor as being bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a list of the codes as defined from Equus web site:

P0106 Generic Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance

P0107 Generic Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Low Input

P1143 Subaru Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

It appears all of them have to do with the MAP sensor. Looking at the definitions it appears to me that the sensor is not getting enough signal to the ECU. Since you have replaced the sensor the next thing to do is look for a wiring problem between the sensor and the ECU. There appears to be a bad connection somewhere causing a low signal level. I would check the connections between the sensor and the ECU using a ohmmeter to make sure they are ok. If they are good then the problem may be with the input of the ECU for that circuit. Some folks have found bad solder joints to the connector, inside the ECU.

One other thought is that the new sensor may be bad. It appears the codes changed after you replaced the sensor so if the wiring is ok then it would seem to point to the new sensor as being bad.

Thanks for the help Cougar.

I've been working day and night on another project so had to put the Impreza on hold for awhile.

I really confused, but that's not hard to do. I'm sure the EJ25 has a MAF sensor on the intake line to the air filter. Does that mean I have a MAP too? I sure can't find it. Where would it be located?

This 99 Impreza is not stock. When I bought it last month it had two air filter boxes on it. One at the throttle throat and the other near the right fender well. That was causng the ECM to go into fault safe mode and causing all kinds of problems till I removed the filter on the fender well.

The new pressure sensor isn't new , but it was a working sensor off my 1998 legacy. Replaceing it on the Impreza did turn of the CEL until it was started for the second time. It also stop giving a P0106 code error. Which at the time

was the only error I was getting. I'm sure the pressure sensor was bad and the replaced one is good.

Since I can't find the MAP sensor I'm not sure were to go from here ?

Any Ideas ?