Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Late Sunday Trip Last Weekend FS Rd 4610, Mt Hood

chazmataz

Well as the title said, me and my son desided to go wheelin about mid-day last sunday ( 01/14?07) and we deside on heading towards Squaw Mtn. We started out at Promitory Park outside of Estacada, Or. and headed up FS Rd. 4610. Weather was good and sunny but cold and lots of snow. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here are some pics of our trip. :)

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

well after this picture was taken by me i had my son, who is 14 years old, get behind the wheel and pull the sooby out of this hole with some coaching from me. he did ok but he did stop it on the hill and he did get it started and made it up the hill. well the trail deadend about 100 feet passed this spot so i took over and went up turned it around and desided to let him get back behind the wheel to take us out to the road, which wasn't very far and the trail isn't that bad of a trail. i figured he could do it and besides it wasn't that bad of a trail to me pretty easy. just before this spot were the picture was take tradgety struck. :-\

the road sloped off to the right alittle well he had to go around a downed tree on his left side he cleared it ok but the sooby kepted going to the right and right into a tree head on. :eek: didn't hurt the radiator but pushed the electric fan frame into the oil filter and put a split in it yes we lost oil pressure but made it to the road. long story short got it pulled the fan out and my dad brought me a filter and put it and got to my parents house ok. we we're stranded for about 4 hours before he got there though and it was cold.

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

sorry for the long post but it was an exciting day, to say the least.

ya we did have alot of fun. i've been wanting to get the bumpers made for along time, i even have the steel for it. i just need to quit going out and have fun for 1 weekend or 2 and get them done, my buddy keeps telling me to let him know when and we will get them built. know i really need to get them built.

spent half the day yesterday pulling the front out and hammering out the hood. its not pretty but it looks alot better then the last pictures. actually you almost can't tell, it just looks like it has battle scars. :grin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that looks like loads of fun... and it'll be easy to pull those dents out...

I seriously need to lift my '82 wagon... that foot of snow would have probably stopped me...

of course, if I had another vehicle with me I'd at least give it a try... nothing a shovel, jack, and rope can't resolve... (:

--Spiffy