Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Key interference

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pillowsplat

Pillowsplat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Maryland

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:49 PM

I stopped for Lunch at KFC and parked outside. My remote would not work outside the car. As soon as I pulled away It was fine. Must be the radio waves that make the Chicken so good.

#2 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,193 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, I had that happen when I parked next to a telephone substation building. The electrical field generated by the equipment was stronger than the remote transmitter and created a dead zone. I tried it a couple of weeks later and had the same results.

#3 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

KFC's in Utah must be on a different frequency. I dined there for lunch today and my remote worked fine. (even quietly thanks to the earlier thread).

The Colonel must be up to something?

Glenn,

#4 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,662 posts
  • Texas

Posted 18 November 2003 - 11:54 PM

covert military operation - he IS a Colonel right?

#5 burke615

burke615

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Holden

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:21 AM

I work about a quarter mile from a television station with several transmission towers (including one 1000+ foot monster) and my remote needs to be right next to the driver's side window/driver's side windshield to work. At home (45 miles away, and half a mile from a radio station) it's fine. Two of my co-worker's who have similar-vintage ('97-'99) Legacy Outbacks have no problem, though, so I must have just gotten the "lucky" frequency...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users