Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So,what about Windshield GLASS for our oldies?

Been some inquiries lately.

Can we get an account of what we know of in stocks of dealers,shop owners,enthusiasts???????????

Gotta belive the numbers will fall short of demand.

Personally,I see myself needing/wanting badly a second windshield for my '73 GL Coupe.And a newly produced piece for the '78 4WD Wagon would be nice.I'd accept a good used w/s for the '73 as long as it was taken from a '72-77 Stage I Coupe body recently or stored upright.I sure don't want to find a bad fit from flattening or stressing.Feel the same way about your car?

Think we should look into new production of front windshield glass?

I couldn't expect a Coupe production,but the wagon,sedan,hardtop group shares the same mold!! Oh,doesn't the BRAT use the same one too?My manuals are boxed up.Can't check that.

Triumph Auto Glass was able to supply branny new glass for my '78... the first one had a wave and they came back and replaced it. I supplied a branny new gasket, which they had difficuly getting, so everything worked out. BE SURE to have them install it... it ain't easy. They have done several for me. I have bad luck with glass.

OK,thanks.

But let's see exactly where these existing ones are.I search eBay often enough.There's one on there now,way overpriced.Other than that one I can't recall many for '72-79's at all.I checked "Completed Items" and got nothing.

I'm off all weekend, but if anyone has SOA part numbers, I can still check national warehouse inventory online.

If not, I'll see what I can find next week.

Coupes from '72-up AND GF Hardtops from '75-up: SOA001910 blue tint (Supercede number)

Wagon,Sedans,and BRAT from '72-up: 665001740 clear,and 665001980 blue tint

Yes,we know the BRAT started in '77 :cool:

Whoo hoo! I have a 56k mile GF windshield that should fit my '73 Coupe!!

Thanks,but don't bother.They aren't about to send glass over for us now.We have a board member who works at SOA.He's also checking on some old stock,but so far has come up fairly empty.

Looks we're going to need some produced unless some distributor or shop still has a batch.

OK,thanks.

But let's see exactly where these existing ones are.I search eBay often enough.There's one on there now,way overpriced.Other than that one I can't recall many for '72-79's at all.I checked "Completed Items" and got nothing.

Coupes from '72-up AND GF Hardtops from '75-up: SOA001910 blue tint (Supercede number)

Wagon,Sedans,and BRAT from '72-up: 665001740 clear,and 665001980 blue tint

Yes,we know the BRAT started in '77 :cool:

Whoo hoo! I have a 56k mile GF windshield that should fit my '73 Coupe!!

where are these part numbers being pulled from?