Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Basic understanding........

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

I think I have a basic understanding of how Rally racing works, so how do I really start to follow it and get in deeper to following it??? I don't have Speed channel or any sports channels on the telly. I'd like to be able to follow what's going on who's who etc. It seems very confusing to try and follow it on websites (I may not be going to the right ones) seems like each site is declaring a different champion:confused: . Please give me your words of wisdom, even if it seems like something everyone should know, as I probably don't:rolleyes: . Thanks, Tim

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,127 posts
  • WA

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:49 AM

This is the website for WRC Subaru...http://www.swrt.com/...atest_news.html

I dont have the one for National circuit.
Sorry if it isnt much, but its almost 4am here and I dont even know why I'm awake still:-p :rolleyes:

#3 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

Are you looking to follow the WRC (World Rally Championship) or something on this continent such as Rally America, NASA, or CARS?

#4 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

Check out the Special Stage Forums. There are a lot of helpful folks on there ready to pull you into the sport.

#5 chef_tim

chef_tim

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hence, alot of my confusion:lol: . I guess it would be nice to know some, about all of them.

Are you looking to follow the WRC (World Rally Championship) or something on this continent such as Rally America, NASA, or CARS?

#6 ninjaben43

ninjaben43

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Kingston, wa

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

im pretty confused myself most of the time, but i do know that the swrt, and the wrc seperated and have there own thing going on and that was confusing as hell, before i figured it out

#7 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:31 PM

for the national rally circuit go to www.rally-america.com, since they are the sanctioning body for U.S. stage rally they would be the best for results, standings, events, info, TV listing, etc... I know you can order a DVD of the 2005 season from their site as well. Not sure about '06 DVD yet...

#8 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

I think I have a basic understanding of how Rally racing works, so how do I really start to follow it and get in deeper to following it??? I don't have Speed channel or any sports channels on the telly. I'd like to be able to follow what's going on who's who etc. It seems very confusing to try and follow it on websites (I may not be going to the right ones) seems like each site is declaring a different champion:confused: . Please give me your words of wisdom, even if it seems like something everyone should know, as I probably don't:rolleyes: . Thanks, Tim

Also make note that there are both regional championships and the national championship in the U.S. Rally America will have the info for both, for World go to the WRC site listed a few posts above... Good questions!:)

#9 chef_tim

chef_tim

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

Hey Chris, I just found your posts on Rally-America's forum. See, I'm doing my home work;) . Later, Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users