Ultimate Subaru Message Board

? driving fast/looks

Finally someone asked/noticed! My college instructor's relative ran it into a powerpole last winter. no major damage broke left pas. window, right headlight, emissions charcoal canister, plastic air intake, washer fluid tank, big egr hose, grill, bumper cover, brakes worn out, heat only on defrost, origional brakes and plug wires, stuck in 4wd hi changed brake cylinders, pads , shoes, hardware, window, air intake pipe, oil, filters, plugs, cap rotor, accel super coil, fixed d/r 4wd, delete emissions controls, When I went to drive it home, added gas, battery, oil, brake fluid only E-brake worked $50 runs great! That's what's up, more to come later.

The term "ricer" applies to a car, usually a Honda or some other Japanses make, that has a lot more modifications that make it look fast than modifications that make it go fast, or a person that drives a car like this. Cavaliers are also becoming popular.

The top speed of an ea82 depends on the fuel system. My hitachi-carbed ea82 wouldn't do more than 75 before I started messing with it. At the peak of that engine's life, it could hit 95 with quite a lot of effort, but would cruise at 90 quite nicely. SPFI ea82s make more power, and a friend said he could do 110 or 115 in his.

Currently, my engine has horrible compression in one cylinder and won't go over 75 even with a weber carb. I expect that it will be comparable to an SPFI motor after it is rebuilt with high-compression pistons and polished ports.

in different cars.

in its original car (86 carb'd GL 4WD wagon) the D/R tranny saw 108mph (on flat ground was topped out at 92-94 mph) coming down outta the Rockies into the NEvada desert floor on , ummm Highway 80 was it?

in the turbo wagon I have seem 102-104 mph on the short sprint to the observatory over the last 2 years I have done it 3 times. Just to see and I had some air space between the carpet and the pedal still, who knows where my limit is. I'm still 185 or 195 70 R 13's so there. I figure I might get to 120 or 122 maybe???? anyone else?

04 STi 147 :moon: (And I would have gone faster if it wasn't electronically limited)

Seriously, you guys are scaring me with how slow some of your SPFIs seem to be. I had my 1985 EA-82 Carbed GL wagon with the 3 speed automatic up to 120! :eek: I even did it racing a 4cyl susuki swift! For the record, it was about a 10 mile stretch of flat straight road with nothing more than a traffic light that happened to be green.

88 RX was only ever up to about 100 (traffic Limited), but that car really pulls hard off the line and out of a corner. I've never tried to see how fast it would go.

Anyhow, Ricer really started with the crotch rocket moter cycles back in the 80s. The super fast street bikes were all coming from Asia, where rice is a staple in some diets. So, they started calling the little crotch rocket bikes rice eaters. Then it transformed into what we have now. All Show/No Go = Ricer

Keith

Originally posted by subiemech85

What's ricer ricing?

ok - a ricer in south texas definition / all the real racers definition..

ricer - someone who has a slow POS car, thats really loud and annoying, slow - has alot of non factory body kit / neons / stickers / spoilers ect... the person driving it is a ricer

ricing is the act of adding all that junk onto the car...

bean

My old EA81 Hatch has been to 74 mph!:banana:

In 21 years that is the highest recorded speed (never been to 75). Unless my wife secretly took it ricing---I mean racing. :burnout:

It's just geared too low. (and I like it)

It works too hard at "high" speeds.

Glenn,

82 Hatch,...slow ride......

01 Forester, ....fast ride.....