Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Legacy Wiper Linkage Reassembly

Hello,

I was able to remove the wiper motor and pop the ball joints apart and remove the linkage with the worn out plastic cap without problems but I'm having a difficult time getting it all back together. Is there a trick or certain order to reassembling the linkage? How do you press the those ball joints back on once the linkage is back in the car? Pliers or a clamp of some kind would do the trick but I don't have enough room to get any tools in there. The linkage almost fits through the hole where the wiper motor attaches but not quite. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, pictures much appreciated

pull the plastic cowl which i am sure you did, make sure the wiper motor is in place and bolted. try to catch a spot to pry against to pop the end back onto the motor. normally the others arent bad....the motor end can be a pita

Cool, thanks. To make matters more complicated I can't remove one of the wiper posts. Too much rust on one of the nuts is causing it to just spin around. Driving without wipers 'til the weekend. I saw another post with a picture of the same thing, I'll find it take it from there. Thanks.