Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clear corners on a loyale?

some of us like the fact that being different with EA82s as far as custom lighting and such is actually pretty cool. Have you seen Subaru_Styles blue EA82 wagon? If not, sit down and shut up!:-p

Thank you. Besides, at no point did I say anything about altezzas.

Are there pics somewhere of that wagon??

sorry I just like performance before looks...

Oh don't get me wrong so do I since I'm planning on the EJ20G swap into my EA82 coupe. Its just trying to find new ways to make the car look different then stock, like the RX bodykit on a wagon for instance.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=831&cat=527

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1946&cat=527

sorry I just like performance before looks...

I do to, but looks are somewhat important too. and subtle little things like clear corners can really help. especially if it's cheap.

I'm going to try to bake them like the newer guys do to remove the coloring. and see if that works...

I do to, but looks are somewhat important too. and subtle little things like clear corners can really help. especially if it's cheap.

I'm going to try to bake them like the newer guys do to remove the coloring. and see if that works...

that might work, I haven't looked at then yet to see if they'll bake off. I also got blue strobe lights in mine and you can't even tell they're there until they get turned on. Hey, I'm a RICER!:banana:

Dude, this 'roo is WAY cooler!:headbang:

401spinnArs2.jpg

As far as looks vs. performance, what's "cool" is all in the eye of the beholder. Some people like to go fast. Others want to look good. In my case, reliability and weather-handling are top priorities, so I'm building my car accordingly, and it's neither good looking or fast.:rolleyes:

looks important bah!!!It would be so awesome to drive around in a rusty,different colored subaru staion wagon.With broken taillights and cracked glass.Under the hood however, hehe can you say built to the nuts WRX turbo?:banana::headbang:

a little clean-up is different from a paint job/bodykit/whatever. clear corners and wheels are hardly extensive modifications.

I still don't understand the appeal of Clear Corners ... I just don't get it. I have a feeling someone did it once, like 10 years ago, and i just kinda caught-on as "the thing" to do, like spray-painting your callipers yellow. Because we all know that yellow callipers mean performance. If you have yellow callipers, you will definitely get more than 90hp out of your EA82...

That said, I have to concede that it's a big boom that people just can't get enough of ... so maybe they see something I don't.

it just cleans up the look. little color things like that really help the look of a car. if you're not going for looks at all, I can understand that. but IMHO, clear corners, and colored calipers can really add to a cars look, as long as it's done in moderation! especially since it's cheap!!

As far as looks vs. performance, what's "cool" is all in the eye of the beholder. Some people like to go fast. Others want to look good. In my case, reliability and weather-handling are top priorities, so I'm building my car accordingly, and it's neither good looking or fast.:rolleyes:

Here Here!