Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch is mostly restored!

Ps. Thank You Doug!

You're welcome.... although I regret selling Seamus every single day. But such was the timing... I simply didn't have the time or $ or workspace to fix up the front. Stupid slow speed rear ender after a light changed & the big honkin truck in front of me stopped suddenly. :mad:

What killed me was I had just custom-mounted an A-frame brush guard to it & it was torn off. And yes, every little OEM piece I could find new went back on it. Spent hours detailing it inside & out with a toothbrush! Even re-sewed the leather steering wheel cover twice just to get it perfect.

Hope you're enjoying it & keep the pics coming... always wanted to give it a mild lift, so you have my blessing, but just please don't trash it on a trail!!

Peace...

- Doug

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome.... although I regret selling Seamus every single day. But such was the timing... I simply didn't have the time or $ or workspace to fix up the front. Stupid slow speed rear ender after a light changed & the big honkin truck in front of me stopped suddenly. :mad:

What killed me was I had just custom-mounted an A-frame brush guard to it & it was torn off. And yes, every little OEM piece I could find new went back on it. Spent hours detailing it inside & out with a toothbrush! Even re-sewed the leather steering wheel cover twice just to get it perfect.

Hope you're enjoying it & keep the pics coming... always wanted to give it a mild lift, so you have my blessing, but just please don't trash it on a trail!!

Peace...

- Doug

I'm enjoying very much! Took it up to the slopes for my birthday, Gonna be installing a stereo here real soon. Even got a slanted stereo console so i don't have to jerry rig a surround for the cd player! I guess that doesn't cut as close to toothbrush detailing though :)

You can be sure that I won't trash it on the trail though...Its just too damn pretty.

• 9 months later...

Pretty hatch haunt. Aren't you glad you didnt' sell it?

Dain']Lift it??? leave that pretty thing on the ground... you'll probably just end up trashing it otherwize

That's not necessarily true. Mine's been lifted for 6 years, and it's still pretty beautiful.

Just because you take a Soob off road, doesn't mean you have to trash it.

The new and IMPROVED hatch :headbang:

haunt01.jpg

haunt02.jpg

haunt03.jpg

haunt04.jpg

HUUUUUGE thanks to Lance(mtnman38) for the custom lift and helping out a city boy such as myself haha. I can't wait to get a few more things tied off and get this thing back on the road again so i can take some better pics to really show the little touches this thing has. really turned out better than i expected.

Very nice. Like I said, aren't you glad you didn't sell it? ;)

So when are we gonna pose yours and mine together for a USMB super teaser? :headbang: You're in Seattle, right?

We both have imprezas and lifted ea81s, right? Could be a pretty nice pic.

I'm down! couple more weeks or so and the quirks should be worked out on the hatch...a dog ran into my impreza though...so its going to the body shop next week. but i think that'd be good after thats finished up!

still i dunno what you're talking about with selling the hatch! i don't think i've thought about that one haha. been trying to work out the engine swap/new car toss up with the impreza for awhile now though...

AWESOME !!! I like it :grin:

What brand are the tyres? and are they 13" or 14" ? They look like 13"s but I've never seen them like that here in Oz...

I'd like to buy a set for my DL wagon :cool:

Thanks!

They're just regular old 14" tsl super swampers! But brand new :banana:

AWESOME !!! I like it :grin:

What brand are the tyres? and are they 13" or 14" ? They look like 13"s but I've never seen them like that here in Oz...

I'd like to buy a set for my DL wagon :cool:

Who knows what kind of stuff we can throw in the back on the hatch when I send it. . . ?

My hatch now as inspiration.

She sure looks nice, got any interior shots?

they'll be more shots once some work gets finished up...lance is helping w/ new headgasket and some other stuff that has needed to be done. but i'll be installing a stereo and taking pictures all around early feb. probably :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got some new pics after finally getting the hatch back. Went out last sunday w/ ninjaben and mtnman. I love this thing. No more than ten minutes in the city people were tripping out on it! haha...next up stereo, hella supertones, muffler delete annnnddd something better than the coat-hanger its hanging from :)

I'll have vids up as well, just gotta compress. Enjoy :banana:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

mtnmans brat

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Hey Zap, let me know when you want to do a shoot!

Got some new pics after finally getting the hatch back. Went out last sunday w/ ninjaben and mtnman. I love this thing. No more than ten minutes in the city people were tripping out on it! haha...next up stereo, hella supertones, muffler delete annnnddd something better than the coat-hanger its hanging from :)

I'll have vids up as well, just gotta compress. Enjoy :banana:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

mtnmans brat

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Hey Zap, let me know when you want to do a shoot!

Oh, and I found the keys for the roof rack!! Let me know if you want them