Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear spring up grade

ok so I finally have acess to pics of my honda spring conversion.

http://www.shutterfly.com/share/picture_dt.jsp?state=67b0de21a8411174f403&idx=43

that was with stock tires still on it. it now has room for my pugs with brigestone dueler a/t. also rides a lot better with a load in it.

springs off 88 accord hatch back. front spring that is. installed in the rear of my car. dimensions are perfect for the interchange. best of all cheap

:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by rallyruss

dimensions are perfect for the interchange.

I take it that they pop in fairly easily, then, compared to putting stock ones in. I've never done a set of springs/struts before, but I'm assuming from looking at the repair manual, the strut and spring come in one assembly, right?

What's the advantage to using the Honda springs?

• 2 weeks later...

ok I think the link will work for everyone now. give it a try.

ok answers to questions.

baccaruda- yup its later. home sic from work ( lower back not good today)

the bard- advntage is a stiffer spring and sits higher if thats what you want. as for ease of instalation its not to bad. stut assys. need to come appart using a spring compressor. I just undid the top bolt on the junk yard car with the strut hanging and let it loose. dont do this unless you fully understand what can happen. then you disassemble the stock rear subaru assy. and install your springs from the front of the honda accord on the subaru strut cartrige.

jwx- what am I missing

soobme- it has kyb struts (non adjustable) aplication is from another year/model as kyb is not alowed to sell the replacements for my car because they make them for subaru. stupid legal issues

ok the dog keeps whining about a walk. gotta go hope this helps.

will try to post some more recent pics tonight.