Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LIL ROO PICTURES! Arizona Rock Crawling, A couple new pics added

Rooinater

well went out and did some light wheeling today, out in the laguna mountains area. shaking down the bugs out of the car. didn't air down at first, cause there was a ford expedition following me on the easy trail that follows the washes i was in. oops, bound and broke a stubby shaft! (anyone have a few they want to sell?) i only have like 2 more spares... so a little over half the day i was running on one rear shaft and a front lsd. which sucks going up climbs... night day differance in traction... so here's some pics! hope you enjoy! and whoever says subaru's can't play... :-p :cool:

:Flame:

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

washafterbrokestubaxle.jpg

8ballminearea.jpg

lagunamtridge.jpg

lagmtridge.jpg

lagmtridge1.jpg

anotherline.jpg

anotherline2.jpg

darnbrokenstubby.jpg

meandthekid.jpg

view.jpg

lag.jpg

kingofthemountain.jpg

wash2.jpg

:headbang:

Nice car. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see more from this beast. :)

bound and broke a stubby shaft! (anyone have a few they want to sell?) i only have like 2 more spares... so a little over half the day i was running on one rear shaft and a front lsd.

Have you thought about putting in a longnose R180 or an R200? Only problem is driveshafts. Not sure what splines they are on the nissans.

maybe a wee bit... not much bigger than yours and a little shorter than ken's brat. i'll make some drop bumpers for it... it's a suspension lift in my eyes... so it's not illegal (except bumper height)... subframe, higher gvw :( ....... a lot of the front pics are up hill and the suspension's pulling out. and or flexed on a rock. and remember, i'm only 5' 6"... a few of those shots are from down hill, making it look bigger......

why does one tire look like the tierod is broken because of the extreme angle its at?

which picture? not broken...

well i might have a lead on some yota axles. or at least a rear... with 4.10's to match the front! :);):Flame: might just cure my stubbies forever... :)

oops, bound and broke a stubby shaft!

jeez you just put a new one in. :lol:

oh well, its all in good fun thats what matters, that and the fact you got it going again. :headbang:

looking good, hope when you get up here i can make it up north and go wheelin with all you guys.

the marine corp measures me as 5'6"... for the last 4 and a 1/2 years... :)

yeah i did just replace the left side... and blew the right... should of aired down, it might of still broke, but it broke on shock load while twisting and bouncing on a rock. if i would of been at 12 to 15 psi (at least, these bfg's flex really well!) instead of 30... i probably would have had plenty of traction and just crawled over. instead of that lovely light and slow bouncing effect i got... it's even more important with the lack of flex i have with the independent suspension to air down on the rocks. but i wasn't even planing on doing those washes... since my friend was following in in his stock expedition... i just passed a few of the crossings... and finally took the turn into the washes... i couldn't resist the feeling to really play!

How much ground clearance does lil roo have?

i'll try to remember to measure tomorrow. it's around 12 to 13 at the diffs and 14 at the tcase... but it's been years since i've measured. the rear diff is the lowest point.

yeah and here you can wheel in any navigatable wash... which means you can pretty much wheel all over... :) i'll miss that when i leave.