Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to find snowboard rack for 99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS?

I've always been a Yakima man, but Thules are just as good. Start with the towers and crossbars you need (Q Towers if Yakima) and just go on a shopping spree for different attachments to hook up your bikes, skis, whatever.

(For mountain bikes, I really like the Yakima Raptor because it works with my disc brakes - you don't have to take the wheels off...super convenient. But they won't work with carbon road bikes, if that's your style.)

I have a set of racks with ski attachments on my RS, I think they are Yakima, the car is at my shop so I am not sure.

I use the car around town, and use my 92 Legacy Turbo Wagon for skiing so the ski rack and the licence plate frame "when hell freezes over, I'll Ski there, too" is all show.

Anyways, can take some pics if you are interested in a used set-up. You can come down and see what I have for bike attachments as well. Usually take all that stuff off when I sell vehicles.

Richie

I have a set of racks with ski attachments on my RS, I think they are Yakima, the car is at my shop so I am not sure.

I use the car around town, and use my 92 Legacy Turbo Wagon for skiing so the ski rack and the licence plate frame "when hell freezes over, I'll Ski there, too" is all show.

Anyways, can take some pics if you are interested in a used set-up. You can come down and see what I have for bike attachments as well. Usually take all that stuff off when I sell vehicles.

Richie

Are you saying you're selling this stuff?

If so, I may be interested, too...

The benefit of yakima (who, last I checked, makes the Subaru stuff) is that they have round bars. The square thule bars will look wierd on a rounded roof and cause your ski holders to be slanted, unless thule has a specific kit for your car. Not a problem for my old legacy but I think you'd be better off with Yakima.

My roof rack:

0107071100gu2.th.jpg 0105071241beg6.th.jpg