Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Where to find snowboard rack for 99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rook

rook

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

Where would I go about looking to buy one? I would also like it to fit mtn bikes and of course... *cough: skis*. ;)

Thanks!

#2 fnlyfnd

fnlyfnd

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

thule, yakima, or subaru .com

#3 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

I've always been a Yakima man, but Thules are just as good. Start with the towers and crossbars you need (Q Towers if Yakima) and just go on a shopping spree for different attachments to hook up your bikes, skis, whatever.

(For mountain bikes, I really like the Yakima Raptor because it works with my disc brakes - you don't have to take the wheels off...super convenient. But they won't work with carbon road bikes, if that's your style.)

#4 richierich

richierich

• 3,760 posts
  • Portland

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have a set of racks with ski attachments on my RS, I think they are Yakima, the car is at my shop so I am not sure.

I use the car around town, and use my 92 Legacy Turbo Wagon for skiing so the ski rack and the licence plate frame "when hell freezes over, I'll Ski there, too" is all show.

Anyways, can take some pics if you are interested in a used set-up. You can come down and see what I have for bike attachments as well. Usually take all that stuff off when I sell vehicles.

Richie

#5 thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid

Subaphilia

• Gold Subscribers
  • 736 posts
  • Spokane, WA

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

I have a set of racks with ski attachments on my RS, I think they are Yakima, the car is at my shop so I am not sure.

I use the car around town, and use my 92 Legacy Turbo Wagon for skiing so the ski rack and the licence plate frame "when hell freezes over, I'll Ski there, too" is all show.

Anyways, can take some pics if you are interested in a used set-up. You can come down and see what I have for bike attachments as well. Usually take all that stuff off when I sell vehicles.

Richie

Are you saying you're selling this stuff?

If so, I may be interested, too...

#6 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

The benefit of yakima (who, last I checked, makes the Subaru stuff) is that they have round bars. The square thule bars will look wierd on a rounded roof and cause your ski holders to be slanted, unless thule has a specific kit for your car. Not a problem for my old legacy but I think you'd be better off with Yakima.

My roof rack:

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users