Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'85 EA82T fuel pres.?!?

I have 2 diferent books that are telling me that the fuel pressure on my '85 turbo is suposto be 61-71psi. And I have a fuel pressure gauge that I just put on that is telling me I have about 25psi @ idle, 30psi @ cruse, and maxes out at 44psi@WOT.

What gives???? If I'm intended to have 61-71psi I wouldn't think that the engine would even run @ 25psi:eek: Are the books wrong, or am I WAY low on fuel pressure?

to re state what calebz said: 70 psi is before the FPR, 35 after, I'm running ~50psi (probably too rich) in my aftermarket RRFPR,

I had simmilar issues as those you reported in an earlier thread, so I swapped my fuel filter, and ran lucas injector cleaner recently, when I drain my tank a couple more times I'll throw on another filter, I definitly had some rust issues, the car sat since 1998, but the problem didn't present itself until after rally-xing, weeling and running out of gas in the same day, 3 months after building the car...

I might pull the fuel line going into the fuel filter(or earlier), hotwire the pump and totally drain the tank a couple of time just to see what kind of chunks fly out, just be sure not to run the pump too dry.

this is what I'm thinking...

Oh yeah mudrat should have an extra used turbo fuel pump and FPR or two...

-Nels