Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Walker Valley January 2007 VIDEOS

Rollie715

I've started putting together the Videos from the recent Walker Valley trip. Here's a few low-res samples.

http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/videos/WalkerJan272007ScottMudWinch_lo.wmv

http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/videos/WalkerJan272007DylanBlowsRearAxle_lo.wmv

http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/videos/WalkerJan272007ScottRockclimb_lo.wmv

Eventually they will be added to the following page and appear at the top of the list:

http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/

Rollie

And for those of you who STILL say you haven't seen Soobs do "hardcore" stuff, here's some pics and a vid that might set you to thinking different.

Low center of gravity is the BOMB!:banana: My 4runner is very tippy, but I have yet to flip it.:cool:

And for those of you who STILL say you haven't seen Soobs do "hardcore" stuff, here's some pics and a vid that might set you to thinking different.

rockface.jpg

misc008.jpg

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q183/jrgaylor/?action=view&current=greg.flv

thats the hill, in the video I bypassed that one, went around the left side of that stump

that's an illegal bypass around that stump. you are supposed to go up the rock face on the expressway trail. the dnr has tried to close that off several times. unless they've finally given up on it.

but awesome video and pics! hope to make a run up there with you guys this summer.

that's an illegal bypass around that stump. you are supposed to go up the rock face on the expressway trail. the dnr has tried to close that off several times. unless they've finally given up on it.

but awesome video and pics! hope to make a run up there with you guys this summer.

We had a group of extreme Ford Broncos right behind us. All had huge Boggers and most were locked up front and rear. Only 2 out of the six successfully made it up the rock face. Most had to go around the stump.

yeah, well last time i talked to the lady at the dnr. (before i came in) that bypass was a big no, no along with user built trails and bypasses, within the park. granted that was a few years ago. that bypass didn't used to be there when i started going there with my dad. unless they changed their policies, you weren't supposed to bypass the obstacles. all those bypasses are made by users illegally. and walker valley isn't fond of the illegal bypasses and misuse or user built trails. it's considered a problem there. one of those many pieces of leverage the environmentalists were using while trying to get the park shut down.

but awesome pics! and looks like it was a fun ride.

Nobody could winch up it either?

I'm thinking the Bronco group as a whole did not have the same commitment to not using the bypass as others may have. I'm guessing each rig may have spent some time trying the rock face, and then used the bypass when they failed. It would take considerable group time to rig up and winch each vehicle.

the whole point is to use the trail. it's supposed to be a difficult run. not easy, with a difficult option. winch, crawl it, high speed rockcrawling whatever it takes to make it... if you run the expressway, your looking for the adventure, and difficulty not a bypass. same thing with the rock garden at reiter... if your on that trail, it's to do the trail, not say you did the trail yet you bypassed the whole reason it's considered difficult...

This seems like it is getting a little out of hand. I have never been to Walker before this trip, but Scott said it looked different than last time he went. I'm sure with all the rain the trail has eroded and exposed more of the rock face. We watched SEVERAL vehicles that were 100 times more equipped than our subies fail while trying to go up this. Even with a transfer case, there would be no way for a subie to get up that part without a winch.

We didn't make the bypass, it was already there. And from what I understand, it was there last time they went too. It was also still very challenging. I had to get pulled up it after several failed attempts, and it took Scott several tries to make it to the top. Even next time we go, I'll still use the bypass. I have no desire to even attempt the other way.

the whole point is to use the trail. it's supposed to be a difficult run. not easy, with a difficult option. winch, crawl it, high speed rockcrawling whatever it takes to make it... if you run the expressway, your looking for the adventure, and difficulty not a bypass. same thing with the rock garden at reiter... if your on that trail, it's to do the trail, not say you did the trail yet you bypassed the whole reason it's considered difficult...

then use the main jeep trail. they might of finally incorperated the bypass or gave up. but it's been there for at least 6 or 7 years... and i know one of the first people to cut that path. he got chewed out after going around that. they've blocked it a few times. and it kept getting unblocked. the bypass wasn't there 8 to 10 years ago. maybe they gave up on it... at least one of the subies made it, why couldn't you? air down and hang on.