Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BYB Lift Kits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stephenw22

stephenw22

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • SK, Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

Are these kits sold anymore? ozified.com isn't doing lift kits right now, and e-mail to the BYB site keeps bouncing back to me.

I like the BYB kit because it keeps my suspension where it is right now. I already have a suspension lift (adjustable struts up front, accord springs in the back) and I don't want any more.

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

well, PK (ozified.com) is the only one who can make them in the US....

if you lose the accord springs, and un-adjust your front end, you'll have a much softer ride, and much more suspension travel. Then you can very safely run the SJR kit without a problem

SJR also makes all the parts so you can either drop just the diff, or the whole rear crossmember (BAAAD idea, if you wheel it much). so you still wouldn't have to worry about the axle angles.

PK does good work, but SJR's got the better design. it's definitely worth the extra cost!

#3 stephenw22

stephenw22

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • SK, Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

I never take the car offroad - it's the on-road stuff that makes me particularly want the BYB lift. My daily drive to work requires me to only make 3 lefts and 2 rights. The problem is that in the spring and fall, I'm travelling down a mucky-muck road made of gummy clay.

I need the rough suspension to shake the clay off my car and in particular, out of the wheel wells. The suspension was way too soft stock, and all I did was pack the wheel wells full until would literally lock up my wheels. I had to stop every mile and dig out my wheel wells. The rough ride of the accord springs and adjustable struts is the only thing that keeps me moving. I guess I could cut coils to get the height back down and give myself an even harsher ride, but I'd rather just do a pure body lift if I could.

I realize the SJR lift is beefy (those strut tower extensions look SCARY strong) but I really want to keep the same suspension geometry that I have now.

#4 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,637 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

I realize the SJR lift is beefy (those strut tower extensions look SCARY strong) but I really want to keep the same suspension geometry that I have now.

what model EA81 or EA82, we can provide you with stock geometry if thats what you want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users