Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek pics, Feb. 3 (QMAN'S RETURN!!)

ezapar

Yep, we finally got his rig back on the road. It's been a while, over a year even since I've got to wheel with my buddy. The HP's morphed a bit, but we're still pal's. (miss you Mike)

Then

HatchpatrolEC1.jpg

Now

ec03.jpg

Funner than it looks?

ec07.jpg

The shot doesn't really show the pucker factor. It was there alright.

ec06.jpg

Ken doing some daredevil stuff he would never have tried in his Subaru. Or his Toyota if I hadn't done it first and egged him on to follow me thru so I could get pics.

Pucker factor to the max when I found out how deep it was. Remember, my little truck sits a good 4 inches lower than Ken's. :eek:

ec08.jpg

ec09.jpg

yeah, those are 35s. . .

ec10.jpg

AWESOME! :headbang: :headbang: the pic of you and ken with rainier in the background is monumental! and it's great to see you both back on the trail!

after today it made me want to sell lil' roo and cut ends. and finish off the truck with the money from the car... probably will when i get back! the irony of the only 2 yotas towing me out... wake up call... move to washington and get the yota together! what trails did you guys wind up running, other than 311?

Woohoo! That was a blast to watch you 2 guys go thru that. No way was I going to try that either. I wonder if that led to his later steering part failure? It took 3 weld jobs to get out today, got home around 7:30:-p

Had fun even tho I got there late:rolleyes:

We ran 520 and came down the back way on 311. Thats where Qman broke, close to the top of the last climb.

Looks like fun and yeah I miss you guys. I'm still lurking arond here though. But gosh, guess I'm gonna have to upgrade to one of those cookie cutter import pickup trucks. Just kidding. I'm actually surprised it took this long for you to go 'Yoto. Seemed like a logical evolution to me shortly after building my Hatch. Just makes more sense. Zap, yeah I owe ya' a phone call... thanks for calling and sorry I couldn't make it over there.

I'm sorry, would you 2 please re-read the title on this thread?

Its about a run up to a local ORV place that a group of us (Tha Hatch Patrol) have been going to for several years now. There was nothing stated about it being a strictly Subaru run at all. Yeah, your n00bs and all, but if you knew the history of some of the members that have been here for a while, you would see that they have been wheeling hard core Soobs for a long time. And have set the standard (quite high at that) for doing major mods for off-roading our Soobs.

We need a beotch slap emoticon:rolleyes:

Savage']Yea' date=' I'am lost too, I was looking for Subaru stuff. Not Toyota stuff. They make good trucks but there just that, trucks. I hate to break it to u guies but Toyota's aint got ************ on soobs. I you want to talk about Toyota's got to a Yota board.

Soobs rock teh noobs.[/quote']

Excuse me? I didn't see your monkey azz up there showing your junk off.

We don't go out wheelin to prove anything except friendships and good times. We are all in it to put a good name on the recreation. And YES, I also own a Subaru. :grin:

rob was up there in a subaru! ken got one awhile ago. along with me and a few others. the hp runs started up there, it's kind of the hp's stomping ground. i guess you'd have to have been here a lot longer, to understand the history and maybe some of the transition... the last run i made up there was with the hp, at my going away, in 2002... eek! it's been awhile! or was it 2003 when i moved to az...

I'm not defending anyone or sticking up for the other [HTi] guys, but under the "Subaru Motorsports" The sub-title is "Discuss off roading, rallying, racing your Subaru." If you want to teach these "Noobs" something, maybe this should be under off topic? I know they came in kinda hostile, but calling them "Noobs" isn't encouraging and saying "We are all in it to put a good name on the recreation." you may be putting your good name on recreation, but as for helping the "Name" of the USMB board, I am reminded of why I strayed away from this board.

I'm not defending anyone or sticking up for the other [HTi] guys, but under the "Subaru Motorsports" The sub-title is "Discuss off roading, rallying, racing your Subaru." If you want to teach these "Noobs" something, maybe this should be under off topic? I know they came in kinda hostile, but calling them "Noobs" isn't encouraging and saying "We are all in it to put a good name on the recreation." you may be putting your good name on recreation, but as for helping the "Name" of the USMB board, I am reminded of why I strayed away from this board.

that is true, but the sticky in this forum does specifically comment about posting pics of other rigs.

whatever, the point is that I think every one of us here that now has a toyota, had a subaru before that, and wheeled the living crap out of it. I didn't quite as much as the HP guys, but we've got a little different type of wheeling up here....one that likes to devour subaru suspension systems.

but, I must admit, with the huge (QMAN'S RETURN) comment in the title...I got all excited to see the brat back in action.....and now I see it's for sale. I guess it was just a matter of time.

Zap. isn't that the Yota you bought to rob the bumpers and roll bar off of?