Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Might own the old beast again :-)

looks like i have a chance to buy my old 78 back. i`m sure most of you have seen it around (tan, 3rd eye, mags, spoiler) anyway, i sold it to him a while back for $1300, and considered myself lucky. now i`m wondering what to offer back without looking like a fool. maybe $800? sounds like its pretty much sat since, and now needs a battery, and who knows what else. anyway, just kind of exited.

also, if i can`t afford this, anybody here and in the tri-state area interested?

brat5500111.jpg

78br006.jpg

78br005.jpg

your pm box is full Andrew btw..........

how is the metro holding up? it was a pretty good little rig if you ask me. i think it would hold its own against any older subaru as well lol. are you or your father driving it? did you swap trannys?

PM box emptied. Let me know if you pass on your old Brat. The Metro is with me up in NH, nowhere near as fun as the convertible (an extra 400lbs of steel will do that to a 3cyl!) but it's holding it's own. I've put 4500 miles on it since I got it from you...still on the original tranny, just not using second. And no, it won't hold a candle to any old Soob. I took it here because it didn't matter if it got stolen or wrecked.

well, i know if it had second gear, it could have easilly hung with my ea81 brat.:grin: i will admit tho, it is a throw away car, and thats all. at least if it got stolen, you wouldn`t be in the hole much, and its easilly replacable. total opposite of an old subaru.....

i guess you haven`t looked under it yet. the previous owner had the cat removed and a flex pipe put in its place. when going up the hill to matamoras, i either have to drop the brat into third, or if i hold the petal to the floor i can maintain 55 in the slow lane. i`m happy anyway, just cause its a brat.....