Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Red #1 SJR gets a Heart transplant and goes on a diet

Scott in Bellingham

I got my first car back from Rollie. came without a Moter so in drops the EJ 2.2

DSC05072.JPG

DSC05067.JPG

going in

DSC05102.JPG

almost there

DSC05104.JPG

in place :banana:

DSC05105.JPG

plans are to made a decent trail rig out of #1 , after the moters up and runnin reds going on a diet, insides will be gutted , dash, carpet all extra weight is going away , rear section bobbed 1 foot , run gutted safari doors , right now it has a 6" lift , will bring it up to 8" and install a nissan transfercase,

Tenetively 10th and 11th at the cabin?

Reason I say cabin is because it's still good and muddy there. The creek is running, but soon will have salmon babies headed down stream. We try to stay out of it while they make their little journeys.

I will check with mar as she has a cousin over there and its about time we visit them

progress??

heres the rats nest from the Legacy

DSC05117.JPG

and the dash is out in the EA

DSC05119.JPG

the plan is to run without stock dash, heater/airconditioner. the ECU will be mounted right where the stock heater box was right up under the windshield , I want to keep all the major electrical up high and dry , figure this car should run well with water over the floor boards, with use a small light heater/defroster box from a old datsun

Are you planning on keeping that *sweet* paint job?

I think it might continue to evolve , the blue doors and hood are Rollies so my original red doors and silver hood will go back on , also with a second set of safari doors which will also be a different color thanks SJR

9463Dsc00949.jpg

this is what it origanaly looked liked and the doors and hood will be going back on