Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mud drags....

monstaru

so i have found out that there are mud drags in our area,along with "tuff truck" type of stuff going on in different areas of eastern washington and northern idaho.

my goal this year is to try and make it to these events and do as much damage as possible.:grin: because with out damage, there is no mechanical advancement.

i will add more info as i get it hopefully.as long as i remember to look at this.:headbang:

i will be ddragging with the brat

it is in the process of coming off of the road and gettinng the swap,just not the normal swap.:grin:

should be around 150 hp in a 2300 pound car.

at least the 2300 is right now.i will be lightening(haha) the load.was thinking about using gas(propane),but i don't know if i will find a tank by then.

should be fun.the ol'lady is into it too.stokedd am i,because when the ol'lady is behinnd it that means i can do it right.:lol: cheers, brian

So what car are you going to be 'dragging' with? What has it got under the hood? :)

Our local county fair use to have the tough truck competition, was always fun to watch. About seven years or so ago I was absolutely astounded to see of all things a completely stock ea81 gl hatch in it. After a few rounds and knocking out his grill, one headlight bezel, and jarring loose his hatch latch the guy one the competition. I found out afterward that he had swapped an ea81t with some upgrades into it. Thats probably the only memory worth sharing from my fair days hehe....

there was that brat that was built for tuff truck that was for sale on here, I think he was out of PA? site was cool and had lots of vids.

propane would be cool, the ultimate fuel for boosted cars pretty much. 105-110 octane, cheap-ish, some cooling effect, etc. what mixer and reg are you going to run? blow through? you could run a small bottle to save weight/space since those arent exactly long distance events. like the size of the torch ones lol.

got anything planned for the suspension? cough a-arms cough