Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Funny - even if the import tax was 100%, it's still less than the dealer!

It's been a while, however the wait was worth it.

I just received my tensioner, timing belt, cam seals, water pump and oil pump seals in the mail yesterday! It was ordered on February 15th!

The grand total was $265.00 CDN for the parts plus another 41.00 for GST and duty. Well worth the wait - it would have cost over 400 had I gone with the dealer.

One last question:

Do you recommend a Subaru mechanic or can any well experienced mechanic handle installing this?

I just received my tensioner, timing belt, cam seals, water pump and oil pump seals in the mail yesterday! It was ordered on February 15th!

The grand total was $265.00 CDN for the parts plus another 41.00 for GST and duty. Well worth the wait - it would have cost over 400 had I gone with the dealer.

One last question:

Do you recommend a Subaru mechanic or can any well experienced mechanic handle installing this?

From where did you order your stuff? Do they use standard mail as a normal policy or did you have to insist?

From where did you order your stuff? Do they use standard mail as a normal policy or did you have to insist?

I ordered the parts from the website referenced above. I don't think it was the postal system that was the problem - my tracking number indicated that Canadian Boarder Services received it relatively quickly. It was customs trying to figure out how much they were going to hose me for.

One last question:

Herb White Automotive in Merrickvile is a very good independent Mechanic who has tons of experience on soobs...Call him and see if he will do it with your parts ..i believe his rate is 71/hr for labour.