Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Michigan Meet And Greet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:00 AM

So where you michiganders at? and when is a good time to play in the mud or have a show and shine?

Big Rapids
Hour north of grand rapids

#2 Lesbaru

Lesbaru

Gir is my copilot

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:41 PM

I'm in Lansing MI. And TomRhere is in Jackson, I think.

#3 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:33 PM

I know we tried somthing last year but it fell through and by the time we settled on a date i was back i washington, hows about after new years sound?

#4 Lesbaru

Lesbaru

Gir is my copilot

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:52 PM

Sounds good. I'll be going back to WA in January at some point (just to visit.... sigh) And I'll be taking my gf to get lasix eye surgery Jan 22-24 (couldn't pay me enough to make me let someone mess with MY eyeballs!)

There is another new Michigander on the board, can't remember the name (dang brain loss!). My uncle in Ludington is also a big time Soob nut, but he just lurks on the board.

#5 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:10 AM

My mother in law is near detroit, and she has a 96 OBW. Maybe she can join the crowd too!

She'll be here in texas day after tomorrow. I'l try to generate some interest in our soob madness.(The OBW is her second or third soob after all. She used to drive an 85 D/R wagon):D

#6 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,299 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:50 PM

i' not *TOO* far away. maybe us butler soobs can get in on the action.

the meet that was supposed to happen last year ended up happening in butler on labor day.

we have a place to off road if we can get it lined up.

#7 1ABAJA

1ABAJA

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Soobville, IN

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:57 PM

There goes That Fox....I think it is only for MI Subaru owners Miles......correct me if I am wrong Noah!

Have Subaru will travel!

Josh!

#8 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,299 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:24 PM

yeah, but if michigan is the next county north, why the hell not. would you want to stay behind while there is a meet happening next door?

i am claiming the whole tri-state area!

#9 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,956 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:38 AM

I used to live in Jackson.

Lesbaru, I think you're thinking of Dadeeo, (Terry), he just joined the board. Lives over in Paw Paw, Mi..

There's a couple of people on the XT6.net site from Mi., and a couple more over on the Yahoo BRAT Club. I'll see if I can get them interested in a Meet.

Been asking around since the last time we tried this, for a place to go play in the mud around here. Just don't seem to be a happening thing. But I haven't given up on it. Seen to many of those "other makes" of 4X4's covered in mud, so there's got to be a place to do it.

I'm open for any week end.

#10 Subarunation 713

Subarunation 713

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Bridgman (SW Mich)

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:50 PM

ScoobySchmitty and I are in SW Michigan (Berrien county). I don't know about ScoobySchmitty, but my car doesn't do real well in the mud and is surely lacks in the "Show N Shine" catagory too. But I would love to encourage somebody else to go sling mud and perhaps get stuck!

I will keep watching for details and give ScoobySchmitty a heads up.

Greg

93 Legacy L Wagon (mine)
96 OBW (better half's)

#11 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:13 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun! But Greg's right, I don't have anything to really sling mud, and the Legacy is definately NOT show and shine material! I could bring my dad's 4x4 Ram, but that wouldn't be Subaru, would it? Anyway, the meet & greet sounds like a blast. As far as my take on the MI-IN difference, I think we should keep it open to the Tri-State area :D I only live 5 miles from the Indiana border, so MI, IN, it's all pretty much the same. Will there be a date/location set soon? Let's keep this post going! TTY'all L

:burnout:

#12 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:02 AM

this is open to anyone, if you're in hawaii and want to come for the day or an overnight offroad outing than go for it, no hating on indiana here, i for one would like to hear the miles fox storys again. they are so entertaining.

I have to wait till january for my work schedule, but just about any weekend is open for me too, i'm thinking south michigan somewhere central, jackson dosn't sound too bad, makes it easier for the indiana folk.

#13 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:44 PM

I'll check my work schedule and could possibly join milesfox in another "roadtrip" even if it's short trip. I'll bring the RX and could possibly talk volcom don into joining us in which he would bring the four-door 2wd to 4wd conversion . Will get more info through miles and relay it to don

#14 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:53 PM

I'll check my work schedule and could possibly join milesfox in another "roadtrip" even if it's short trip. I'll bring the RX and could possibly talk volcom don into joining us in which he would bring the four-door 2wd to 4wd conversion . Will get more info through miles and relay it to don

#15 electryc_monk

electryc_monk

Air-ride Airehead

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Denton, Tx

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:43 PM

last time i wasn't able to because of a blown air sturt.

this time I'll wait and see *if* I'll be up in the neighborhood.
(got family to visit in the Tri-cites, Battle Creek, Lansing, and maybe Grand Rapids areas *if/when* I make it up there.)

#16 N8NQU

N8NQU

Ham Radio Operator

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • DECKER,MI

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:05 PM

I'll have to see if i can get some time off and come to the meet.I am 100 miles north of detroit.Bill:wave:

#17 electryc_monk

electryc_monk

Air-ride Airehead

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Denton, Tx

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:57 PM

that means your not far from "Naughty Hatchet" correct?

#18 N8NQU

N8NQU

Ham Radio Operator

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • DECKER,MI

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:34 PM

I am 25 miles south of Nasty hatchet ( Bad Axe ).If you look at the map of the thumb and see where 46 and 53 meet i am 8 miles to the N.E. of there.Bill:wave:

#19 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,299 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:17 PM

it doesnt matter wat yer soob looks like, just as long as you show up. i dove to jims 100 miles with no front axle, home, delivered pizza, and then drove back to jim's before i fixed the axle. then i swapped car/intake and a tire just before the 100 mile trip back home.

sure your soobs can make the trip.

maybe we can all meet in butler(top NE corner of IN) at the carbola to gather up, and then scoot 10 miles down the road for some decent baja'n acerage(1ABAJA's department)

we had the meet last year, so the next time is cvery doable, and now there are more people that know about it

YOSH! what can you come up with?

#20 Mantonite

Mantonite

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Manton, MI

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:15 AM

So where you michiganders at? and when is a good time to play in the mud or have a show and shine?

Big Rapids
Hour north of grand rapids

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but some may have subscribed. Relative newbie here just north of Cadillac... not far from you Noah. Just wanted to say hi and get on the mailing list for meet and greets. Not likely to make many with wifey and kiddos demanding time, but there's a (slight) chance I could make one.

#21 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:46 PM

I'm down in Detroit now, no longer close by in big rapids. But i'm sure we could get a meet going, somtime around the october Lake superior Pro Rally.

#22 Mantonite

Mantonite

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Manton, MI

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:20 PM

I'm down in Detroit now, no longer close by in big rapids. But i'm sure we could get a meet going, somtime around the october Lake superior Pro Rally.

Dang... hoping someone was close by to steal parts from. :grin:

Let me know if you want to do something in Houghton... that's not too far from me. Don't know if the subie would make it down to Detroit... but I'd sure be willing to try. :brow:

#23 Escapegoat

Escapegoat

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Big Rapids, MI

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:21 AM

Hey Noah,

I live in Big Rapids too. I just bought a 95 Impreza 100k for a grand.

I have the EJ18EAW2GA engine. Not very ballsy. Do you know of anything I can do to increase performance?

Do you know of a good subaru mechanic in the Big Rapids area?

Eric

#24 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

not a bad price for a 95, but i'm in detroit, and the best subaru mechanic in big rapids was me when i was there. I do come up rather frequently to visit friends a Ferris, next time i'm up there i'll let you know, if you wanna hit the power lines in an off road subie.

#25 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

BUMP yo me too central michigan, i wanna bruse up some fenders :headbang:

Is anyone still interested in some mudd boggin, camping. maby spring of 08 ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users