Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Michigan Meet And Greet

Sounds good. I'll be going back to WA in January at some point (just to visit.... sigh) And I'll be taking my gf to get lasix eye surgery Jan 22-24 (couldn't pay me enough to make me let someone mess with MY eyeballs!)

There is another new Michigander on the board, can't remember the name (dang brain loss!). My uncle in Ludington is also a big time Soob nut, but he just lurks on the board.

My mother in law is near detroit, and she has a 96 OBW. Maybe she can join the crowd too!

She'll be here in texas day after tomorrow. I'l try to generate some interest in our soob madness.(The OBW is her second or third soob after all. She used to drive an 85 D/R wagon):D

I used to live in Jackson.

Lesbaru, I think you're thinking of Dadeeo, (Terry), he just joined the board. Lives over in Paw Paw, Mi..

There's a couple of people on the XT6.net site from Mi., and a couple more over on the Yahoo BRAT Club. I'll see if I can get them interested in a Meet.

Been asking around since the last time we tried this, for a place to go play in the mud around here. Just don't seem to be a happening thing. But I haven't given up on it. Seen to many of those "other makes" of 4X4's covered in mud, so there's got to be a place to do it.

I'm open for any week end.

ScoobySchmitty and I are in SW Michigan (Berrien county). I don't know about ScoobySchmitty, but my car doesn't do real well in the mud and is surely lacks in the "Show N Shine" catagory too. But I would love to encourage somebody else to go sling mud and perhaps get stuck!

I will keep watching for details and give ScoobySchmitty a heads up.

Greg

93 Legacy L Wagon (mine)

96 OBW (better half's)

Sounds like a lot of fun! But Greg's right, I don't have anything to really sling mud, and the Legacy is definately NOT show and shine material! I could bring my dad's 4x4 Ram, but that wouldn't be Subaru, would it? Anyway, the meet & greet sounds like a blast. As far as my take on the MI-IN difference, I think we should keep it open to the Tri-State area :D I only live 5 miles from the Indiana border, so MI, IN, it's all pretty much the same. Will there be a date/location set soon? Let's keep this post going! TTY'all L

:burnout:

this is open to anyone, if you're in hawaii and want to come for the day or an overnight offroad outing than go for it, no hating on indiana here, i for one would like to hear the miles fox storys again. they are so entertaining.

I have to wait till january for my work schedule, but just about any weekend is open for me too, i'm thinking south michigan somewhere central, jackson dosn't sound too bad, makes it easier for the indiana folk.

I'll check my work schedule and could possibly join milesfox in another "roadtrip" even if it's short trip. I'll bring the RX and could possibly talk volcom don into joining us in which he would bring the four-door 2wd to 4wd conversion . Will get more info through miles and relay it to don

I'll check my work schedule and could possibly join milesfox in another "roadtrip" even if it's short trip. I'll bring the RX and could possibly talk volcom don into joining us in which he would bring the four-door 2wd to 4wd conversion . Will get more info through miles and relay it to don

it doesnt matter wat yer soob looks like, just as long as you show up. i dove to jims 100 miles with no front axle, home, delivered pizza, and then drove back to jim's before i fixed the axle. then i swapped car/intake and a tire just before the 100 mile trip back home.

sure your soobs can make the trip.

maybe we can all meet in butler(top NE corner of IN) at the carbola to gather up, and then scoot 10 miles down the road for some decent baja'n acerage(1ABAJA's department)

we had the meet last year, so the next time is cvery doable, and now there are more people that know about it

YOSH! what can you come up with?

• 1 year later...
So where you michiganders at? and when is a good time to play in the mud or have a show and shine?

Big Rapids

Hour north of grand rapids

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but some may have subscribed. Relative newbie here just north of Cadillac... not far from you Noah. Just wanted to say hi and get on the mailing list for meet and greets. Not likely to make many with wifey and kiddos demanding time, but there's a (slight) chance I could make one.

I'm down in Detroit now, no longer close by in big rapids. But i'm sure we could get a meet going, somtime around the october Lake superior Pro Rally.

Dang... hoping someone was close by to steal parts from. :grin:

Let me know if you want to do something in Houghton... that's not too far from me. Don't know if the subie would make it down to Detroit... but I'd sure be willing to try. :brow:

Hey Noah,

I live in Big Rapids too. I just bought a 95 Impreza 100k for a grand.

I have the EJ18EAW2GA engine. Not very ballsy. Do you know of anything I can do to increase performance?

Do you know of a good subaru mechanic in the Big Rapids area?

Eric

not a bad price for a 95, but i'm in detroit, and the best subaru mechanic in big rapids was me when i was there. I do come up rather frequently to visit friends a Ferris, next time i'm up there i'll let you know, if you wanna hit the power lines in an off road subie.

• 2 years later...