Ultimate Subaru Message Board

codes 33 and 25, now what ?

i have a 86 subie gl, ea82 ,carb , showing code 33 and 25 i cant find any conectors that go together under the dash ,and under the drivers side hood. when the ecs light comes on the codes flash and repeat, i have to drive it for 30 seconds before the ecu light comes on ???? . now i have the codes , but cant find any thing to tell me what"main system in feedback " is or "manifold vacuume sensor" is located, haynes manuals suck- no info:banghead: :banghead: arrgggg, easy fix would be ripp the little bulb outta tha dash..lol

Hehehe.

The EA82 feedback carb is a maddening peice of equipment ($hit). Underpowered, and rife with issues that aren't easily solved.

The manifold vacuum sensor (which always fails BTW), is located on the passenger side strut tower. It's a black unit that's about 1.5"x2.5" with a 4 pin plug. It says "boost sensor" on it. They are always bad (I've never found a good one in the yards), they are dealer only parts, they are not repairable (I took one to peices to see), and they are right around $300 for a replacement. So not worth fixing.

Best solution is to strip that crap off and replace it with a Weber, or SPFI. SPFI would be a good choice as you already have the oxygen sensor bung in your exhaust.

There aren't any connectors for reading or clearing codes on the feedback carb models. They are cleared every time the ignition is turned off. But don't worry - they will come back :mad:

I fought with one for a few thousand miles but gave up when I ran up against the boost sensor..... for the cost you can get a new Weber and be done with the whole mess. That's how I handled it, and I love having the extra power, and my mileage went up being there's no weird sensors causing the ECU to run in open loop.

GD