Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru gl 15 " rims

peugeot wheels have the same lug pattern, and come in 14 or 15 inch.

also toyota wheels can be drilled to fit by knocking 2 studs out of your subaru bolting plates, bolting them to the toyota wheels, and using the holes as a jig to drill out the wheels. the opposite studs on the subaru plate will match up to opposite studs on a toyota wheel.

pretty much any 6 lug chevy, toyota, mazda, or nissan wheel will work with the right mods, as long as the are 6X5.5" pattern you are good

an alternative to 75's sugestion would be to convert your hubs to six lug and have mor lugs holding it on, not a scary as it sounds, knock out two opposing studs just as you'd have to do with the his way, and mark the hub and drum assembly for the other four holes, drill them out and get some new studs and lugs to put into place

an alternative to 75's sugestion would be to convert your hubs to six lug and have mor lugs holding it on, not a scary as it sounds, knock out two opposing studs just as you'd have to do with the his way, and mark the hub and drum assembly for the other four holes, drill them out and get some new studs and lugs to put into place

http://offroadingsubarus.com/6stud_conversion.html

That's my artical on my site I wrote after doing mine.

Only problem I found is the studs didn't want to stay in, so I got to them with the mig.. A 13.4mm drill bit would of done a much better job I reckon instead of my 14mm.

the advice is greatly appreciated, im off to the junkyard to try it out, im set on drilling the hubs, i have access to a bridgport and custom end mill grinder, i may even be able to broach new splines for the lugs to press in, well see how it goes, ill have the sweetest ride in michigan, not many oldschool subie owners here, everyone thinks im crazy, "just get a ford" they say , ford is a four letter word.... thanks again to all on this site....:grin:

No, the Peugeot with the Same Pattern, with 13" Rims, was the 404, I don´t have images of it, but certainly very Similar to it, is the 4X4 Version of it, called the 505, is This:

Peugeot5054X4.jpg?t=1171157399

Thats badass. We definitely didn't get that 505 either..lol.. My 505 was RWD turbo. Not a bad car.