Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Photo
- - - - -

Brat Jump Seats, what am I missing?


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garner

garner

    Brat Master Flash

  • Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 20 November 2003 - 03:51 PM

I got two jump seats with my 78Brat. They we not bolted to the mounting rack. I am missing what ever mounts them to the rack, there are threaded inserts on the bottom of the seats.

Anyone have a picture of how the mounting brackets work and what they look like. I think I'll have to fab something atleast until I can find the mounting hardware only

thanks

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

    Elite Master of the Subaru

  • Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:44 PM

Well - I'm not sure what you are missing - you say you have the seats, and the bracket welded into the bed.... that's really all there is. Your seats do have the handlebars on them right? If not, then your are missing the metal frames that the seats sit on. Those usually aren't removed from the seats, but I guess it's possible. Those metal frames have two U shaped peices in the back that slip over the round peice, and two holes in the front where bolts hold them to the frame in the bed.

The complete seat system includes (to my knowledge):

Headrests (2)
Headrest mounting rails (2)
Headrest rail brackets (4) (welded into the bed)
Seat mounting bracket (1) (welded into the bed)
Seats (2)
Seat frames (2) (the part with the handlebars)
Seatbelt retractors (2)
Seatbelt male parts (2)
Seatbelt retractor covers (2) (vinyl bags)

GD

#3 garner

garner

    Brat Master Flash

  • Members
  • 689 posts
  • Vilas, NC

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

I have nothing attatched to the seats

No handlebars or u brakets, everything else is there. headrest (headbangers), seatbelt (though it would probably be best to be thrown clear) etc. I bet I can rig something up

So are the seats designed to allow quick install and removal or are they basically bolted in?

Could anyone take a picture of the bottom side of a seat, removeld from the mounting rail?

Many thanks

#4 hassey

hassey

    Subaru Fanatic!

  • Members
  • 409 posts
  • Englewood, Colorado

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:27 PM

The seats realy weren't designed to be remove all though you can and a lot of people did and do. they were held in place with 4 bolts the nuts were welded to the frame, The bolts were speical clutch type heads I could never figure out what type so I drilled them out and replaced with regular allen key bolts.

with out the handles that are part of the U bracket that GD told you about not much you can do in mounting them.

Did you get the seat belt too?

Ebay had a complete pair for sale bidding may still be going on this inclued the seat belt check it out

I'm 95% sure that any year Brat will fit i'm sure some one will post on the other 5% if I'm wrong

My game plan in removing the seats was to take out the wall between the cab and the bed so it would be a pass through. put a full roll cage in the cab an to the bed
remount the frame and seats facing forward on 3/4 ply wood
and with the topper I'd have a four seat SUV :D
then i would just slide the plywood/seats (one piece) out if i need hauling room I would carpet it to match through out

Hassey




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users