Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dual battery setups

WoodsWagon

I'm seting up dual batterys to run my winch. For isolation, i'm using a starter soleniod from a ford ranger. I'm wondering if the soleniods windings will be up to continuous duty. I'd like to tie it to the ignition so that it would charge when the engine was running, but I'm not sure if it would cook the windings. It pulls 3.5A to keep it closed.

I'll get a better solenoid soon. Money is kinda tight, so I'll leave this solenoid in so that I can jump start the car off it's self and use the winch. Charging will have to be done from a wall outlet for now.

Isolators=money, which I don't have. <20 is all I can afford.

The battery tray I made is probably stronger than the body it's bolting too. I'm fiting the battery in where the turbo would go on turbo subarus. It interferes with an A/C line, a brake line, the power steering hoses, and one of the PCV nipples on the air duct. Everything except the PCV nipple can be (and has been) bent out of the way.

I'll get a better solenoid soon. Money is kinda tight, so I'll leave this solenoid in so that I can jump start the car off it's self and use the winch. Charging will have to be done from a wall outlet for now.

Isolators=money, which I don't have. <20 is all I can afford.

The battery tray I made is probably stronger than the body it's bolting too. I'm fiting the battery in where the turbo would go on turbo subarus. It interferes with an A/C line, a brake line, the power steering hoses, and one of the PCV nipples on the air duct. Everything except the PCV nipple can be (and has been) bent out of the way.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006117/p-2006117/N-111+600010098/c-10107

21.00 plus shipping

70 amps should be fine for what your using the battery for.

nipper