Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA71s are fast!

reaching speeds of 200 mph is quite a feat for a all-wheel drive car.

Not really. Lamborghini was doing it with a Diablo VT 10 years ago. Porsche's 959 didn't quite make it, but 197mph is damn close and that was before the Diablo VT. Now Bugatti has the Veyron doing 253mph and that's AWD.

1990's hondas are fast, i wouldnt ever buy one. if anyone here owns a honda 'good for you'. and i dont mean any offense.

Neither would I, and I don't think that anyone that owns a Honda would either.

ive put months of research into subaru and their up commings, and my findings leave me to believe that subaru is all around better than honda.

I've put most of the years of my life of research into all kinds of cars, and my findings lead me to believe that Honda is all around better than Subaru. Honda's reliability records constantly top Subaru, and Honda has MUCH, MUCH better engine technology than Subaru.

I prefer Subarus because they're unique mainly, and have been reliable for me so far.

Ex: new hondas are big

New Subarus are too. The new Impreza sedan, which is classified as a compact, is in virtually every dimension larger than my 91 Legacy, which was classified in its time as a midsize.

and stupid looking

I agree, but that's subjective.

and new subarus are a better looking and faster car

I agree with better-looking (except the Edsel-nose cars), but again that's subjective. Subarus are faster though, that you are correct on.

every year they find a way to squeese more horses outta that amazing flat four and yet honda finds a way to dump more eletric motors into the bulky body

And every year, Honda gets better mileage and less emissions out of their engines, which Subaru has made little progress in.

my favorite honda would be a 1993 civic ex

To each his own, but if I was going to have a Honda, I'd have something more interesting and less common than a 93 Civic. An S2000 at least.

my favorite subaru is the 2004 wrx sti 600tt

That's fine, but that's not a factory car. Honda guys can get some crazy horsepower out of their cars too.

I love Subarus too, in case it wasn't blatantly obvious. I own 3 myself, I work at a Subaru dealer, my girlfriend has a Subaru, etc. etc.

But I'm not going to blindly think Subarus are the best cars 3v4r just because I like them.

by the way on the looks of the new soobs I have to say the tribeca is one ugly rig. I really enjoy the old corkyness of a mid- to late model subaru. (Mid-80's)

I make an exception with the wrx that is sweet look'n.

The forester is a shoe box, and the outback is just boring.

Not that Honda has anything more to desire.

to me fast is bein stopped at the light and havin a chevy 1500 pull up and challenge you cause ur subaru (brat) sounds better and is louder then his truck. so he rev. and shakes his rig. the light hits green and you pop the clutch damn near breaking ur neck and leaving that truck in a little smoke.. hahaha:headbang:

thats fast. terminal velocity isnt a bigh factor with me...

fast from the git go

from a roll

or fast as in "high roller"

i`d say gen 1s are high rollers if anything. maybe from a roll in 3rd from 40 mph

My gen2 brat could hang with a 4.0 HO Jeep Cherokee with Intake manifold swap, header, and full wxhaust system from 45-85 on a rolling start

• 3 weeks later...