Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just an fyi, there are a lot of Subaru videos on youtube.com, including

road tests, commercials from around the world, etc. I saw one foreign

language video of a test between an Outback and a Volvo wagon on

a muddy hill, won't give away the results. Hope it's ok to post

this here. If not, please remove this post. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
You don't need to understand the language in this video

to enjoy it!

Reading the thread of that video is really boring, most of them claim it is a fake and the volvo has been modified (awd fuse or handbrake) I think its all nonsense. If you go a bit deeper into the system that the volvo uses, the Haldex system (a semi-awd system) it is know also as automatic awd so usually its a fwd but in terrain it should become awd. While the subaru uses their own developed system.

Then they say that the volvo has much more power, might be but its much heavier and the engine is mounted much higher in the chassis.

I have seen lots of awd?! (haldex) on a muddy road nearby. Conclusion i made. The weight is the most important factor. The new Fiat Panda awd has no trouble at all driving on this road while it light and has a simple 1.1 litre egine. The Audi A3 uses the same haldex system (A4 and on uses Thorsen system). The same, still not that heavy car no problems. Then the volvo much heavier than the A3 and problems with front wheels spinning but manages to pass. The subaru has no problems whatsoever. No front wheelspin continiously. All cars were automatics.

In general lots of people think that every awd is the same, its just the lack of information they have.

Even if the Audi was taken out of the video, I would be impressed

with the capabilities of that Subaru. I AM impressed with how my

Forester gets through the worst conditions, while other cars are stuck

in the snow. And how much more do Audi's cost? That's all the info

I need! :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
I love wagons.I would kill for an STI forester.But anything as a complete car that says STI is way out of my budget so I will have to settle with STI EA82 wagon...

Man pretty much any oem subaru part that has STi on it is out of my price range. Well except the badges:lol: