Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Desperately Needs Y-Pipe

Ok so the y-pipe and rest of my exhaust is shot. The Y-pipe split in half. So, I currently I have no exhaust on the driverside port, and about 1 foot of pipe on the passengerside port. I took the car over to a nice, reputable, cheap, exhaust shop. The man said that if they have to fabricate a new Y-pipe the total cost for EVERYTHING would be about 375$ and he said if I could find a salvageable Y-Pipe it would save me about 200$. There are NO Subarus around here where I could get one(PM me).

After searching around the site, I see that dual exhaust is not reccomended. I dont want/need the Catalyc conv. either. I am looking for a quiet but freeflowing exhaust, the car is a daily driver mainly around the city.

Right now it is WAY TOO loud, Im embarrassed and I get flamed at school and stuff even more than before(because the car is basically a POS) Im pretty poor right now because all of my money has been going into an engine rebuild/swap into my other car (SBC 350 into a 83 Buick Regal).

So if you have any ideas/drawings of what I should get/etc.

Post em' up.

Tyler

Dude, drive over here!!!!!

I cannot honestly personally guarantee that there are loyales in the boneyards here right now, BUT there usually are, and I can get you the telephone numbers. Ft myers to west palm is a two to three hour drive, TOPS, and you should be able to get it cheap!!

clicky for these cats

Panorama-frame2.jpg

"EXHAUST MANIFOLD (NO SENSORS) $21.99"

there you go! Unfortunately, their online inventory isnt showing any ea82s right now.. just the old wagon that was there last time I went, but there is another..

http://www.abcupullit.com/

I dont exactly have a car to go there to look for you.. but seriously, I can usually count on one of the three yards (last company owns two) having what I need, whatever that has been....

PM me if you want more help with this. Two of the yards are dead straight across on palm beach road (we call it southern blvd here, and I live like, <1/2 mile from it :grin:) right before the florida turnpike, so its SUPER easy to find them..

Just a warning (sorry, old guy...it's my job...LOL). it is against federal law to sell used cats, I don't know if it makes any difference in your area, but here I know that the wrecking yards are very addiment about not selling them. I had mine fabed at a shop on an old motor that I just put the two pipes from the head, minus the cat, on to. the exhaust guy took it from there. covered his bum, because it wasn't an exhaust "on a car". Oh, and the whole thing including new muffler was only $140. Later and make sure to let us know what you come up with, Tim

I say again, you ought to just drive over to west palm.

I have NOT had a chance to check the local yards, but i may be able to run over to one of them tomorrow, and If I can I will.

Im not sure If I trust my soob enough to go all they way there...plus, i dont want to drive there for 3hrs with no exhaust,