Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why no performance parts for the Ea71?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ecky

ecky

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Roseburg, Oregon

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

I have noticed that there is a few companys out there that make all sorts of goodies for the Ea81, but why doesn't anybody make goodies for the Ea71?:confused:

#2 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:25 AM

Probably because the majority of the after market for the EA81 is for aircraft use. Why use an EA71 when the EA81s are more common and make more power. Places like ram performance could probably get you performance parts for EA71s.

#3 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

They did make performance parts, they're called hills... in the downward direction only :)

It is, what it is. Stable, steady and reliable, it will also keep you from getting a ticket when used as directed :)

#4 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

They did make performance parts, they're called hills... in the downward direction only :)

It is, what it is. Stable, steady and reliable, it will also keep you from getting a ticket when used as directed :)

:grin:

#5 ecky

ecky

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Roseburg, Oregon

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:20 AM

Ture, I guess I will just have to live with it

#6 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

Sick in the Head 4 Subaru

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:51 PM

once I get past the other millions of projects, I do plan to build a TBI setup for the EA71...

Delta Camshaft does make a few cams for the EA71 btw.

-Mike

#7 970subaru

970subaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:32 PM

turbo or supercharger setup could be built
and theres always nitrous

#8 carfreak85

carfreak85

Temple of Fuji

• Members
  • 4,824 posts
  • Cascadia

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

Because the EA71 and EA81 are so similar, the discussion we recetly had about the latter engine I think applies. The tiny intake/exhaust ports and the fact that they are siameased means the engine has little ability to breath. Forced induction solves this problem, but why sink the money into an EA71 when the EA81, EA81T, EA82, EA82T, EJ18, EJ22, EJ25 and all EJT engines are superior designs that with some modification will fit into your chassis

#9 Subaru_Mechanic

Subaru_Mechanic

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:43 AM

dude if you have a friend that owns a shop.. get the parts made... new lightweight everything. cool air intake high flow turbo and exhaust.. you can make stuff you just gotta have $500 to play with... make it happen...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users