Ultimate Subaru Message Board

outback struts

pamike

i did that conversion to my long gone 95 legacy wagon and i did not have any problem with the brake lines. as long as you put the struts on the same place where the old ones where you should not need an alignment right away. dont forget to use a marker to mark where the old strus bolts are. however i am not sure the rear top hats will fit, you may need to swap and use the ones you have now, the front ones should be a str8 bolt in.

good luck

i didn't get them yet. i will probably let this guy i know that owns a garage do it. after i seen how hard the struts came off my other subie i don't think i wanna mess with it. he gives me great prices.

your a little far from me i'm in pa.

where does the lift come from. i got them today and measured from bottom to the the spring pertch and got the same measuement on both old and new

EDIT: went back to the parts store and found out they accedently gave me non outback struts. i'm getting the other ones tomorrow.

i have a set of 15's on my other subaru, so i could switch the wheels.

i was thinking of a 205/70/15. i won't have any problems with rubbing the struts will i. i think the 205's will be about a 26"

i just found these

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A%2FT-S&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=07SR5GEOATS&fromCompare1=yes&place=39&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y

you wont have any problems, thats what i had on my leggo with outback struts

now once you are all done with this, why dont you come out to jersey and join us in march at the pine barrens meet?

remember if i am running that size on my impreza nonlifted you should be fine

got it all done. general grabbers 205/75-15 and gold 15" subaru wheels. it is a very tight fit. i had to remove the plastic rocker panel protector on the rear of the panels. their is like an 1/8 clearance in the front of the rear tires. no rubbing though.