Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

may have added too much automatic trans fluid, implications?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WHCaller_*

Guest_WHCaller_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

when draining the old ATF fluid this weekend, i was dumb and didn't really pay attention to how much drained out and blindly added more fluid than what I drained out. i caught the problem, drained some fluid out, but the fluid level on the dip stick still reaches about 1.5 inches above the dip stick "full hot" mark. is this something that I should worry about? i drove the car abou 150 miles today with no driveability problems or transmission symptoms that something was wrong. thanks in advance for your help.

#2 Guest_ccrinc_*

Guest_ccrinc_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:45 PM

It can blow out your torque converter seal.

Emily
www.ccrengines.com

#3 Guest_Setright_*

Guest_Setright_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:31 AM

I second the motion!

Drain it down to the normal level, FAST!

#4 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:22 AM

before you drain it. How are you checking the level.

To properly check the level you need to warm up the trans to normal operating temp. Go drive a couple miles around the neighborhood or something.

Go park on a level surface. With the engine running slowly cylce the gear selector from park to 1 and back to park again. With the car still running, pull the trans dipstick out, wipe it clean insert and check fluid level between the hot marks.

If you're still above using this procedure, drain a little out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users