Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol?

Uberoo

Does HP really exist anymore?All of the pics/references to them seem like the last activity was like 4 years ago.Mudrat is dropped of face of earth,Qman is running a taco along with several others.Does hatch patrol even exist anymore?The stuff you guys did in your subies was what got me into subaru's in the first place.

I don't know about the rest of the guys but I'm just on a hiatus (4 years now) but I "Patrol" vicariously every time you active folks post pics of real 'wheelin'.

My Hatch is resting in a garage and can't wait 'till I have time to go out and play. Hmmm, or maybe I should just part it out and get a toyota?

You bet its still around!

HP1.jpg

Theres still several members here that havent jumped ship.

Mike W (better not part out your Hatch)

SubaruTex

Austin

Jared (Rooinator)

I know I'm forgeting some, but they are out there. Zap wants to get another HP campout going this summer, we'll see how many show up.

Wagons do have hatchs to you known and no its not just for hatchs. subarutex, rooinater aka jared and austin all have wagons and i think that there was a couple of brats in the mix to, qman and zap had brats at one time but i also know they had hatchs too. just go look at their website and you will see more then hatchs.

are the requirements for membership still the same?

a summer campout sounds cool, hopefully your not restricting it to only old members and its open for new membership possiblities. :-\ :)

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing what I've been missing out on.

is hatch patrol strictly hatch or can wagons go to? hmmm maby i should start a group calld trail wagons:rolleyes: lol

Don't hate me for sayin this, but I kinda wish we'd started out with a better name. It all started with Hatchbacks and Hatch Patrol is what someone called us back at WCSS#2 and the name stuck.

Hey I was just joking about parting out the Fubaru. I've kept it this long... might as well keep doing wierd stuff to it! My original purpose in modding the car was to make it more capable of adventure travel in the mountains. When I get back to (ab)normal, I plan on organizing weekend adventure trips that would be good for new members and folks with cars that maybe aren't quite ready to conquer Walker Valley. I don't know if that counts as Hatch Patrolling, but the given the popularity of the Evans Creek Campout, wives/kids/dogs/etc... the adventure tours might help recruite new members or at least be a fun diversion from building and breaking Soobs.

What were the membership requirements anyway???? Participation in a hardcore trail run or what? Guess I'll have to re-apply for membership.

the name didn't bother me, it was the elite of subarus, and i'm still proud to sport my umpteen million stickers, and magnets. it could stay going, or die out, but the friends it created will last a really long time. one of the large reason's i'm moving back, i miss that group. the vehicles that take them doesn't matter anymore. but the wheeling with ken, eric, brian, and tex. the campouts, the good atmosphere and friends hanging out doing what they all share in common. if you want to have someone take over, i'll step up for awhile, but in a toy... :rolleyes:

hmm... how about a late july, early august camp out... welcome home jared, evan's creek. :headbang: maybe i'll even have the toy done. :clap: it's the way i went out, a HP campout at evan's. or maybe a new begining, Rim Rock's "Pucker Ridge" or Naches's "Moon Rocks" and "Goofy Rocks?" :headbang::slobber:

But I tell you what. If the impreza I drive ever gets a lift, it will prompt me to add a D/R and I will wheel it and you guys will see pics of it in action. And you'll like it. :headbang:

But there's only one guy who can make that happen, I don't have the means or time to make my own.

I am back in the game - you will make WCSS9. r/PK icon14.gif ...as will I.

That's the attitude that a Subaru driver faces every where but here on the USMB. The same attitude we tried to change by wheeling our Soobs and showing what we did with them to gnarly big rig 4X4 boards.

I'm sorry it's your attitude.

I am sorry to.For me a toyota is one of those "gnarly big rig 4X4's"

Here in lewiston if you want to drive offroad you get a :chevy,ford,dodge,toyota,or nissan.But mostly CFDT's(chevies,fords,dodges,toyotas)

The odd part is NO ONE wheels jeeps

I am sorry to.For me a toyota is one of those "gnarly big rig 4X4's"

Here in lewiston if you want to drive offroad you get a :chevy,ford,dodge,toyota,or nissan.But mostly CFDT's(chevies,fords,dodges,toyotas)

The odd part is NO ONE wheels jeeps

JEEP = Junk each and every part, goes along with just empty every pocket

I had a cherokee, lift one wheel on curb and it flexs the unibody so bad doors dont shut right and once you open the hatch you cant shut it till all 4 tires are level. Not to mention doors falling off, I blew up 2 transfercases(1 np231 and a np242), and a whole bunch of other stuff. Take it off road once and it will never be straight again, and all the weather seals will leak like a sieve, its a wonder I never managed to blow out the windshield.

the ultimate solution to the original post is...start your own club! I'm not trying to be a smart a$$. hear me out. by starting a new group, planing events, camp outs, meet and greets and even charity work (trail clean ups, habitat for humanity etc) you can build what you have always admired in the hatch patrol in a new group with new possibility's! a group of my friends have started a club and are trying to get it off the ground. i like this idea but you have to be proactive to get things rolling and that takes work. once we set up the next event i will let ya all know. time for us to start making our own story's and memories.

Long before Rob had his hatch, he tagged along in his MAZDA PICK UP.

Maybe I should put that HATCH PATROL banner I got from Ken after HPSS1 on my Dodge :-P..... Since I currently don't have a functional 4x4 Subaru wheeler.. I do still have the 82 sedan but it's sitting at my friends house dead...

Maybe I should put that HATCH PATROL banner I got from Ken after HPSS1 on my Dodge :-P..... Since I currently don't have a functional 4x4 Subaru wheeler.. I do still have the 82 sedan but it's sitting at my friends house dead...

Ken thinks that would be a really bad idea.

All the new and younger members who have heard the stories and seen the pics and video'sare bothered by the transition we have made. We all still own Subaru's. We race them, offroad them and daily drive them. Just because we have chosen a different path in our wheeling is no reason to bash everything else on the trail. Our club, group, whatever you want to call us has always had an open policy to wheel with anyone. We wanted to be sure that we were not elitests. We welcomed all vehicles and people. Even those who had never had a vehicle offroad. It was very trying at times but we stuck to our original thoughts. Some of our members have gone other directions. Some of our members have done good and bad things for the community.

El toro may have the best idea. Go and start your own groups and clubs. Start your own legacies and histories. Learn from us if you so choose. The Hatch Patrol will live forever. But it just may not be in the way most of you want it to be. I have hours a footage and piles of pics to remember our role in forging a new history for our community. Just remember to keep an order and treat other groups with respect on the trails and in the community. You may find that you will need their help some day, just as they may need your help as well.

Make us proud!

YO!!

I dont have alot to say here because I was never a member (YET??) But I will tell you what I think anyways.. ha ha ha

All of us subaru people have an issue in our brain. for some reason we all LOVE SUBARU'S...

But you cant dis' Yota's or anything for that matter.. you know that it takes cash and work to get anything out on the trails. The way I see it.. you are out on the trails... its a whole lot better than staying on the concrete!!!

ROCK your Toyota... I'll Rock my Loyale... and if someone hooks up a Ford Festiva with 8" lift locked 4x4 (with ULTRA LOW GEAR 1:1 ratio) rolling 38" mickythompson rock rollers. Bring it...

SEE YOU ON THE TRAILS.

ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: