Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Road Trip to Colorado!.. March.. So what's there to do?

Alright, so this spring break my girlfiend and i are heading out to Colorodo. We're planning on making my sister's place in Golden our basecamp.

So, what is there to do in Colorodo? we've been looking up stuff, planning on skiing at least once, maybe some hiking, of course the coors factory tour :drunk:, some national parks, if they're open would be cool. We were also thinking of heading down to see the Royal Gorge Bridge, and check out Colorodo Springs for a day or so.

So if anyone has ideas or what to do, or wants to hangout, go skiing, maybe some hiking, let us know, we're open to ideas.

We'll be sportin' the OBXT, so i won't be wheelin' her too hard :rolleyes:

Alright, so this spring break my girlfiend and i are heading out to Colorodo. We're planning on making my sister's place in Golden our basecamp.

So, what is there to do in Colorodo? we've been looking up stuff, planning on skiing at least once, maybe some hiking, of course the coors factory tour :drunk:, some national parks, if they're open would be cool. We were also thinking of heading down to see the Royal Gorge Bridge, and check out Colorodo Springs for a day or so.

So if anyone has ideas or what to do, or wants to hangout, go skiing, maybe some hiking, let us know, we're open to ideas.

We'll be sportin' the OBXT, so i won't be wheelin' her too hard :rolleyes:

nah man. screw the coors tour.

seems like nobody in colorado drinks coors (it sucks anyway)

there are more microbrews than you can drink in a spring break, I'd suggest trying as many as possible :grin::headbang:

Tons of stuff to do, skiing, boarding, checking out the sites. I've been all over the US and still feel Colorado is one of the most beautiful states (biased of course since I live here too). Maybe us locals can have a mini meet while your out here. If you do want to take the Coors Tour drop me a PM and I should be able to get you into a V.I.P. Tour. I work for the company that does all of Coors Marketing, and should be able to pull some strings.

Tons of stuff to do, skiing, boarding, checking out the sites. I've been all over the US and still feel Colorado is one of the most beautiful states (biased of course since I live here too). Maybe us locals can have a mini meet while your out here. If you do want to take the Coors Tour drop me a PM and I should be able to get you into a V.I.P. Tour. I work for the company that does all of Coors Marketing, and should be able to pull some strings.

i'm down with a bbq but i'll have to skip the coors tour:-\

While I won't argue the whole micro brew better than Coors thing... You sir, are a strange little man. It is free beer!

but you can get coors anywhere and it sucks :cool:

plus we went to some brewpub where you could see the huge brewery in a glass room in the middle of the building anyway :confused::lol:

(I see your point though.. $3-$4 beers gets old fast)

I'll take free Blue Moon any day. Killian's and Blue Moon are just about the only Coors beer I'll drink. Molson isn't that bad either. Plus, you can get Zima if you so desire (we reserve that right for the chicks in our group usually).

Best thing about going to CSM here in Golden, is the Coors brewery "Short Tour"s.

Walk up to the tour desk, say, "Short Tour!". They swipe your ID, print off a wrist band, and send you off your way. You can walk right to the bar, and get three free 10oz beers of most anything Coors makes/sells.

Yellowstone is probably at least 7 hours away from Golden. Ick. Might be worth it if you're hardcore nature people. If it's nice, come up to Fort Collins and I'll get the ricer brigade and the local Subie folks to take you on a touge run Colorado style. If you and your girl are into cars, check out FTC cruising, hardly anyone cruises Denver in favor for Fort Collins on Friday nights. If it's warm out, it's especially worth it.

Do you like to fly fish? get a tour in any river.

Hike? Awesome hiking up Left Hand Canyon (close to Golden) and around Carter/Horsetooth Reservoir. Camp? Well it's probably going to be a bit chilly, but there's tons of good places for a very quiet, unsupervised campout.

Brewery Tours? Odell and New Belgum are both ehre in Fort Collins.

Crazy historical stuff? Check out the old German POW camp by windsor or the museum between Longmont and Boulder on 287.

Food and Hippies and wierd college life? Boulder.

The nation's largest independent Subaru Repair shop? Super Rupair in Boulder.

Shooting? Pawnee Grasslands. Nuff said.

You could check if there's a local auto-X too.

Anyway.. What are you interested in??

• 3 weeks later...

Alright! We're heading out Thrusday morning bright and early, we have to stop in chicago to pick up a bunny.. (my sister is wierd).. then heading to Peoria IL for the night, then we're going to try and make it to Golden, CO by... friday night sometime.

Erin & I are both bringing our laptops, so we should be able to get on the forums once we're in CO.

As of now, we're planning on going to the st. patty's day parade in denver on the 17th, no other plans that day (can you say.. bar hopping? ;) )

Monday-Friday we're open to ideas!

we're going to hit up the Rocky Mtn. National Park one of the days, go skiing one day, coors factory & touristy crap another :rolleyes: , Hiking on some other day, calling up Shawn W and checkin' out CCR part of a day. And of course we'll have to plan a BBQ one night, what's best for you guys, seeing that we have no 'real' plans ;)

As for heading back to NY.... uhg.. i need to find out when my senior design team has the wind tunnel....if it's monday/tues we'll have to leave Saturday morning, if it's Wed/Thurs we can stay longer :clap:

Alright! We're heading out Thrusday morning bright and early, we have to stop in chicago to pick up a bunny.. (my sister is wierd).. then heading to Peoria IL for the night, then we're going to try and make it to Golden, CO by... friday night sometime.

Erin & I are both bringing our laptops, so we should be able to get on the forums once we're in CO.

As of now, we're planning on going to the st. patty's day parade in denver on the 17th, no other plans that day (can you say.. bar hopping? ;) )

Monday-Friday we're open to ideas!

we're going to hit up the Rocky Mtn. National Park one of the days, go skiing one day, coors factory & touristy crap another :rolleyes: , Hiking on some other day, calling up Shawn W and checkin' out CCR part of a day. And of course we'll have to plan a BBQ one night, what's best for you guys, seeing that we have no 'real' plans ;)

As for heading back to NY.... uhg.. i need to find out when my senior design team has the wind tunnel....if it's monday/tues we'll have to leave Saturday morning, if it's Wed/Thurs we can stay longer :clap:

stay as long as you can!

you'll miss the mountains when you come home

yeah, because when i get back to NY, the 'mountians' here are 'hills' there :rolleyes:

you bet man.

the last time I went out there was the funniest, because the guy I went with had never been out of Upstate NY :eek:

if you do go to boulder, there are some great short hikes just outside of town that we did when we went, but I can't remember any trail names or anything. just google "hiking in boulder" or something

Whoah! CO is pretty sweet guys.

So today we had my sister give us a tour of Golden and the surrounding areas, it's pretty awesome, great weather, sweet mountians, and of course a good ol' short tour :banana:

If you guys are in for a BBQ sometime this week that'd be awesome!

i think we're going to goto echo mtn twice during the week i think (it's cheap!).

but yeah, if you guys want you can get ahold of me on AIM i usually leave my laptop on, depending on how the wireless holds out here, my screen name is : AgentBCOC

my email is: johnsoad@clarkson.edu, i check that relitivly often.

i'm excited, the weather is great here, and there's so many cool things :slobber:

If anyone sees a Black OBXT w/ NH plates, and a massive Silver thule box on top, give us a wave! :burnout: