Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2008 Diesel Legacy Outback

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 squatty

squatty

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Portland

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:20 AM

http://www.autoblogg...l-boxer-engine/

#2 rverdoold

rverdoold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:41 AM

http://www.autoblogg...l-boxer-engine/

This seems very good. Really looking forward to the detailed specifications. Because this is the only way for Subaru to become popular for business drivers in Europe.
But again why only 1 engine, why only in the legacy. They should just make also 1.5 or something smaller for the Impreza. I am affraid it will just take to long. And i am not that happy about the marketing strategies subaru uses in Europe, especially in not in holland with the most crapy commercials ever seen on TV.

#3 Reveeen

Reveeen

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Eastern Canada

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:49 AM

With some luck this will provide an almost unbreakable block/bottom end for gas conversions, a "million miler". With some more luck maybe some stuff will cross-over to fix the head gasket troubles on the 2.5, only time will tell.

#4 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

Finally! I really hope they bring this to the US market. I bet it'll get excellent fuel mileage.

#5 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

this thead and the one below will be merged

All about the new Suby Diesel

#6 rverdoold

rverdoold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

With some luck this will provide an almost unbreakable block/bottom end for gas conversions, a "million miler". With some more luck maybe some stuff will cross-over to fix the head gasket troubles on the 2.5, only time will tell.

Why would you convert a diesel to gas. We have a 2.5 outback (2005) on gas (or LPG) which can also handle Natural Gas. Disadvantage of natural gas is the milage its still very low and on the LPG its nearly identical to the gasoline milage.
The system we run is socalled LPI (liquid propane injection) which let the car run more like normal liquid fuel injection. Only problem we have is that the computer does some mistakes, while stamping the gas it switches back to gasoline (2nd tank for LPG instead of spare). Other issue is that the LPI installation fills up the engine bay quite good (meaning i would be happy not to service the differential and gearbox oil:)) For the rest it drives superb.

#7 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,510 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

I have a Thread ´bout to Swap a Diesel engine in a Loyale... it is a Project that might come True, see:

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=64687

Also, About Diesel Boxer Engines, and Subarus that came Diesel in the Past (Other Brands, Rebagged as Subarus), see:

http://www.ultimates...2561#post582561

Any Comments are Wellcome! :)

#8 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:00 PM

Animation of the engine I ran across...
=

#9 subaruplatt

subaruplatt

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Toronto

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:34 AM

Animation of the engine I ran across...
=

Yea and that was a four cylinder. I thought the only engine was going to be a 6?

#10 gofargogo

gofargogo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • NorCal

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

Finally! I really hope they bring this to the US market. I bet it'll get excellent fuel mileage.

It looks like it will be coming to the US, eventually.

"Chief Executive Kyoji Takenaka projected that diesels would eventually be 10-20 percent of sales in the US and Japanese markets as well."
:grin:

source MSNBC via Autoblog.

#11 eagleb

eagleb

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Beaverton

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:10 AM

If they do bring it stateside, I may not have to leave subaru behind.

My mind is set on a diesel for my next car. Now if they ship their new diesel bio-d ready, I'm pretty much sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users