Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STI engine swap into 92 loyale?

How easilly would an STI engine bolt up to a Loyale 5 speed with push button single range 4wheel? Would the engine just tear up the drivetrain? Would the wiring harnesses match up to the different engine/computer? I've just recently started thinking about turning my loyale into a super fast (or even moderately fast) beat up wagon.

Thanks, any info is appreciated :)

It wouldn't bolt up to the trans. Wiring isn't the same. It could be done, but you would want to get a front cut with all the wiring and computer that goes with the sti, plus trans rear end and some of the suspension. Even if you could bolt it to the S/R pushbutton 5spd, all that would be good for is about 30 ft of hard acceleration then ..BOOM!

This has come up quite a few times in various forms over the past couple of weeks. Do a search for further info. Specifically, look for the Ultimate RX

you konw you arent prepared for something like this when you start off asking HOW EASY.

how bout, not easy at all. call it hard, in fact realy hard. the wiring will be hard, building and welding the mounts in the right place will be hard.

prolly as hard as it gets for a "swap"

Brandon, the conversion can be done, I've done it, but it is not cheap. If you can get the complete WRX STi (I'm assuming that you are talking about the 2004 model) car it would be a big help, but even a wrecked one of those would cost over 5 times what your current car would be worth in shop room condition. I can't imagine you getting an engine alone for less then $6000. If you would really like to pursue this, send me an e-mail and we can talking about it there.