Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new rig build.......56k beware

monstaru

ok ,so i picked up this 84 wagon.it is exactly like my alltime favorite subie except for auto hell.put a new motor in her and then decided to just offroad her for good.i have some serious plans for this one.i wasn't very serious about the brat build:grin:

don't say it is worthless with out pics.they will start soon.i have been holding off starting this thread for a long time.so ,have patience and you will wet your pants.i guess i can give what i have so far.

IMG_0291.JPG

whats goin in

IMG_0289.JPG

flywheel

IMG_0295.JPG

'nother bit o love

IMG_0292.JPG

this is her(the yakima racks are for sale)

IMG_02861.JPG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I also see that other thing you asked me about. ;)

and read a hint somewhere on another forum... :)

can't wait to see the photos of this build! always like watching extreme little subaru's! and a offroad dedicated rig is way better than a daily driver. learned that one, and never again a dd for my main 4x4.

:grin:

Sweet. I also see that other thing you asked me about. ;)

yeah , that one left the fold today,it just wasn't solid enough. i have another one coming that is of the 85 and under vintage.:headbang:

should be fun.

rob,it is just that...an intake.that i waited a year to find .and finally got.and am ************ing stoked about.it is from some aviation cats that i ran across.:)i am thinking about making some.:cool:

galen,i am excited too.i was going to build the brat more.but decided not to ruin my dreams of her.and am finally in the position to build something i want instead of settling for something that i have.don't get me wrong,i love my brat.should be fun, and i will try an rememberr to take pics.i am usually wrenching.:lol:

hey crazyD

yeah, her name is penny.likei said,it is a spittin' image of the one that made me fall in love with soobs.i can't wait to destroy her with love.:grin:

rooinater.....

i have been waiting to build a damn car that is not a dd.that is why i haven't "put up or shut up":lol: i was going to make penny my daily,but i hate everything related to emissions.and she has some other probs that i do not want to deal with.so she will get stripped,clipped,and dipped(in mud).:headbang:

cheers,brian

so you bought the 84 huh?Sweet.Thanks to you my adapter plate is done.everything motorwise is done.Come to think of it I just need to drop the motor in,wire the harness into the body and sort out fueling...hopefully I will have most of that done tomarrow.

So for the 84,lets see

Carbed Ej22

Transfer case

Presuming lift...

Show pics when done!

IMG_0349.JPG

more progress on motor.waiting on getting my axles this week sometime.and my frame next weekend.

IMG_0350.JPG

whats that?holy*^%$#@& it's a disty!howd that get there?

IMG_0351.JPG

(giggling)huhuhuhuhuh like a 13 yr old boy peeking through a hole in the wall at a cheerleader camp.:lol:

wow brian i hope you put in every little detail of your project cuz these couple of pics are leaving me lost:dead: :lol: but so far i see a freakin crazy ej22 and a crazy manifold...the rest of that i have down syndrome for 5 minutes:lol:

triangulated 4-link? coilovers? 1/4 elliptical springs? leafs? coils?i also have a set of dana 44's, front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears, front and rear disc brakes... that i was going to use for my subaru... if you need any decent sized axles too?...

i already have a first born so i can't give you that!:lol: but we may need to talk about those 44's and such.i would be highly interrested!right now it will be sitting on toy 8"s, but it would be sick if it was on 44's.can't afford the tires right now but,pm me with some pricing.definitely not promising,but would be interested to talk about it.cheers,brian

triangulated 4-link? coilovers? 1/4 elliptical springs? leafs? coils?i also have a set of dana 44's, front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears, front and rear disc brakes... that i was going to use for my subaru... if you need any decent sized axles too?...