Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new rig build.......56k beware

monstaru

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that dissy off of? Looks like you've got it mounted to where the oil feed on the ej22t heads would plumb in.

yep, sure is in that spot.take it off and look at it.

i will tell when people learn how to search:grin:

it is readily available info, that is how i found it

and , by the way, i searched for months to get where i am with this project.so, is it really fair for anyone to "peek " at my paper whilst i sit in the desk next to them?

just kidding.but you can still search:grin:

Hey, I'm lazy...:rolleyes:

sweet, i was pretty sure that you would come up with something.goodthing i didn't spend 30 bucks on the harness for it.unless you want me to.as long as the uhaul place has a tow dolly we are ion business.cheers, brian

Hey Brian This is Jerry, when you come over to my house i have the wiring for that dissy it's a simple hook up. Thanks Jerry

go back and reread.then post. i never said anything about 44's...at least not in that way.

oh my christ!

Carbed ej22

transfer case

D44 or toyota 8"

44" tires

ea81 wagon

WOW words can not describe.Although to fit 44's you would need like 20" of lift

lol!! they thought 44" tires!... if i could only access the smilies panel at work! dana 44's, common half ton axles. but if your going toyota. in my opinion, build the yota axles. with 30 spline longfields in the front and chromo rears you can get about the same strength as a dana 60. minus the smaller pinion and ring gear. and truss the hell out of them. that's what i'm doing to mine, but i'll be running 39.5" iroks! can't wait to see this build.

right on, that is all i was worried about really,the r&p.but i guess i should just shut up and build what i will have .it is still burlier than most.:lol: at least around here.n.w.w is another story.cheers, brian

Yeah, some there think our mods are booty fabbed:rolleyes:

monstaru what are you doing for suspension? and are you building a frame? steering?

I agree with rooinater stick to the toyota axles to take advantage of how light this thing could end up being, d44's would add a couple hundred pounds over toys even albeit at the lowest point of the rig, but still.

how much you think it will weigh, 2700 or so?

Hmm...that car is light. I've got an AMC 20/Dana 30 combo that would be perfect for it. I'll even be so kind as to trade you straight across for those Yota axles!:lol:

not a chance junior.......i have started looking into beefing the yota axles like jared suggested and think it would be the better option and less headache.cheers, brian

One question.................Why take a perfectly good fuel injected/DIS, engine and go backwards by converting to carburation and distributer? Makes no sence to me.

I know the aircraft guys did the carburation thing before they figured out how to make the injection work at altitude, but I take it this build is not getting wings. And the distributer?:confused:

One question.................Why take a perfectly good fuel injected/DIS, engine and go backwards by converting to carburation and distributer? Makes no sence to me.

I know the aircraft guys did the carburation thing before they figured out how to make the injection work at altitude, but I take it this build is not getting wings. And the distributer?:confused:

What if it is...? You never know.

I believe the goal is to get monstrous amounts of power out of it via carburetion. Am I right, monstaru/brian?

Because it will be more reliable on the trail. Its like a big EA82 without the HG problems.

Because it will be more reliable on the trail. Its like a big EA82 without the HG problems.

Maybe if you got on the trail more often you would know the difference:rolleyes:

If I had my preferences, I would choose the FI and DIS. But right now I'm stuck with a EA81 with a weber carb. The key word here tho is "personal preference".

i'll take over from here boys.thnaks though;)

so, you, much like half of the population thinks that efi is a better setup.i,like a majority of the "old school" generation prefer carbs.

why , you ask?.because being able to fix something with duct tape and bailing wire appeals to me in a high mountain sitiation(yes i said sitiation)

a tad bit of porting and polishing is necessary to get the same output hp wise as an efi.but,with less "electronical"(yes i did say "electronical")nonsense under there,i am able to troubleshoot on a dime,being chased by "the man",and under extreme stress.

now, if you wish to argue about which is"better".go start your own thread.this is a build thread.and i am posting what i am building.if you don't like it.don't read it.cheers, hope you enjoy my unconventional,gonna whoop your efi rump roast in the mud when you lose your battery....thread.

brian:grin:

oh and to just answer your question.because some people like carbs.and not everyone is trying to go" bigger and better."

some people are simple ,like me.:headbang:

oh ,and rob.************ fuel injection,unless it is propane.:lol::headbang: