Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
borrow tools free
Posted 22 November 2003 - 02:30 PM
Posted 22 November 2003 - 03:09 PM
'91 Loyale 4wd 5spd Wagon
Posted 22 November 2003 - 07:43 PM
Basically, you buy the tool at their used price, then return it without any hassle, getting your money back. First time I went, they charged me $20 for a three jaw gear puller. The second time, for the same tool, they charged me $40 :brolleye:. Return it clean and in the same condition, and they have no problem at all with it.
I just wish they'd tack on a five dollar charge or something, just to get a little profit off "renting" them out. I'd feel better, at least, and it'd at least help pay for their time handling the return and what not. :santa:
Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:49 PM
1) the various parts you need to replace that you broke while doing that other repair.
2) the guy who threw the tool over the fence in disgust (see item #1 above) thereby loosing his deposit as well as his temper.
3) they are a joint venture with the pharmacy next door and make it up on the sale of bandages etc. associated with the learning curve with any new tool.
4) sale of those smelly tree shaped things to hang from the mirror (always a temptation at the register).
Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:09 PM
Posted 23 November 2003 - 01:40 AM
Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:33 AM
...ever the sly Fox Miles!
Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:49 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users