Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FSM info please.. 86/88 transmissions

I need wiring/pinout diagrams for an 86 push button single range 4WD tranny (GL10 turbo) and for an 88 RX FT4WD tranny.

If anyone can hook me up with these diagrams I'd be grateful enough to send a US Treasury "gift certificate" good for beer at your local beer store :drunk: ...

since putting the RX trans into my wagon, I've not had reverse lights or the lock available for the center diff and I want to make an adapter, and I need the diagrams for that.

thanks in advance!

Well....I know that I cant figure out which switch is what on my XT FT4WD trans either. I tried all three, and none of them are the reverse lights! I know which one is the diff lock tho. The one on the difflock side! :banana:

I'd like to know this info as well....

• 1 month later...

My understanding is that the diff lock uses the same control solenoid setup as the pushbutton 4wd 5 speed.. that means there would be three wires.. one is 12v in, the other 2 are 12 out. One for each solenoid.. when I did my 5 speed conversion, the wires on the pushbutton did't match up to any FSM color codes that I found(including the one for the year of car it was out of).. so I experimented... took about 15 minutes of tinkering to figure out which was which.. when I get my 88 FSM back, I will look at it for you.

Originally posted by calebz

My understanding is that the diff lock uses the same control solenoid setup as the pushbutton 4wd 5 speed.. that means there would be three wires.. one is 12v in, the other 2 are 12 out. One for each solenoid.. when I did my 5 speed conversion, the wires on the pushbutton did't match up to any FSM color codes that I found(including the one for the year of car it was out of).. so I experimented... took about 15 minutes of tinkering to figure out which was which.. when I get my 88 FSM back, I will look at it for you.

i plan on using my existing 4wd button for the diff lock in my 5spd full time that will go in.