Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some one please help

howlemup

Im putting a SJR 6in lift on my 87 ea82 wagon and want to switch to 6 lug chevy wheels, but I have no idea what backspacing is going to work or what width of wheel to buy, I want to run 30'' to 31'' swampers probably 9.5'' or 10.5 inches wide. What is the best back spacing so the wheels dont stick out to far, and so I can turn without to much rubbing. Thanks

Im not the best one to give you the best answer,but I know one thing for sure, there are alot of people that will help steer you right.what ever you purchase better be right the first time this is a biggie, keep as small diamater as possable.tires too wide sucks,and too much (-)negative offset will kill your bearings. Id go with a stock toyota specs. 28x9.50x15 tires

Im sure thats why your asking,

can you post some picks before ,after and of the processes. good luck on your project.. Im currious about that kit. thnx

The best 6 lugs I've found so far are steelies off of a mitsubishi mighty max/ dodge d-50 minitruck. The 4x4 ones have a couple different versions, but they are made out of heavy steel, look nice, and the offset and width is perfect.

06_12_25_DevEngine_020.JPG07_01_03_Car_014.JPG

I used to run chevy rims. Looked badass, but they stuck out a lot. Hard on wheelbearings, and easier to catch on rocks or stumps.

9.5" wide tires can fit on 6" wide rims, but 10.5" need 7" wide rims. Keep that in mind.

2WD Jap trucks have the best offset for subies, but they are normally only 6" wide.

the 4WD jap trucks wheels normally stick out a bit but are also normally 7" wide.