Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Some one please help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 howlemup

howlemup

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Portland OR

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:09 AM

Im putting a SJR 6in lift on my 87 ea82 wagon and want to switch to 6 lug chevy wheels, but I have no idea what backspacing is going to work or what width of wheel to buy, I want to run 30'' to 31'' swampers probably 9.5'' or 10.5 inches wide. What is the best back spacing so the wheels dont stick out to far, and so I can turn without to much rubbing. Thanks

#2 mykingcrab

mykingcrab

KINDNESS IS NOT WEAKNESS

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • S.W. MISSOURI

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

Im not the best one to give you the best answer,but I know one thing for sure, there are alot of people that will help steer you right.what ever you purchase better be right the first time this is a biggie, keep as small diamater as possable.tires too wide sucks,and too much (-)negative offset will kill your bearings. Id go with a stock toyota specs. 28x9.50x15 tires
Im sure thats why your asking,
can you post some picks before ,after and of the processes. good luck on your project.. Im currious about that kit. thnx

#3 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,994 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

typically....chevy wheels will sick out beyond the fenders quite a bit, toyota's are more accurately matched to subaru specs.

#4 howlemup

howlemup

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Portland OR

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Thanks, this may not happen for a few weeks but Ill try and post a pretty accurate writeup and lots of pics

#5 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

I have toyota 6 lug rims on the Brat. 14x6 inch rim with 3.75 inches of backspacing. I am running 28x8.5 swampers and They don't stock out too far. Here's a pic.

Posted Image

#6 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

The best 6 lugs I've found so far are steelies off of a mitsubishi mighty max/ dodge d-50 minitruck. The 4x4 ones have a couple different versions, but they are made out of heavy steel, look nice, and the offset and width is perfect.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I used to run chevy rims. Looked badass, but they stuck out a lot. Hard on wheelbearings, and easier to catch on rocks or stumps.

#7 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

9.5" wide tires can fit on 6" wide rims, but 10.5" need 7" wide rims. Keep that in mind.

2WD Jap trucks have the best offset for subies, but they are normally only 6" wide.
the 4WD jap trucks wheels normally stick out a bit but are also normally 7" wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users