Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oregon Off-Road Subaru Club's Anual X-Mas Tree Run

mudrat79

Hello All......

Everyone that thinks they can be ther is invited to Our Anual 4x4 X-mas Tree Fun run/Play day......

We will be going up Saturday December 6th.......Snow and sleds/tubes are part of the day...:)

Leaving Eugene greater area around 8am, and getting back when ever near Dark......

This is a Family event,So all are welcome to come......

To anyone interested in attending, please post here, and also Call me if Possible....?

See you soon, John and Crew in Eugene....

541-729-8490

Don, and everyone else...

We will most likely go up HWY 58....

there are many roads to get up on and play on, and if we are still able to get in High enough, we can get into both Noble and Regular Fir Tree's ......

We Could meet you in Oakridge Don.....?

One thing I will ask, is everyone thats able, bring a CB.....makes these outings more managable if we get more that a few cars in line.....

last year we had a total of 14 rides.....Not all subaru, but all need to be 4x4

Later, John

You've got drill that weekend also huh. Seems that they spy on our private lives and plan stuff that always seems to get in the way.

Was wondering though, does Oregon require a tree permit to pluck up a Christmas tree? I can't seem to find anything about it, I've asked around at the county offices and no one seems to know about it. Hmm

I may be there.. if things go right with the trade with Andrew-

bringing the legacy down to Portland, and picking up the turbowagon! and possibly crashing with someone in the portland area friday night- then going to the Eugene area to see the shop if thats cool with mudrat?

anyways, I will find out more soon!

hell yeah, can always have more Subaru chicks in our group lol.. My friend the subaru girl has to work that weekend so she won't make it :-( It would be in his best interest to come down Friday since we leave at like 7AM saturday morning. I have a really comfy couch you can sleep on if you need a place to crash :-P

well, the plan would be to head down friday right after work... as soon as I can get off and get on the road! (about 430-5pm-ish)

if you would like to join in on the fun (and be a good buddy system due to me being crazy driving a 4EAT that distance without knowing how long it will last me)

just let me know before thursday eve....

Andrew- we need to talk more about the tradin and stuff... the specifics... when would be a good time to talk? I have free long dist and free night and weekends...(which only leaves us with weeknights, after 9pm)

so if sometime in the evening is good let me know, or just give me a call- try after 9 and before 11pm or so...

Ok, I am loading the legacy up tonight, and I will be on my way down tomorrow after work, arriving at Andrew's place sometime in the evening/night... (probably closer to night/morning!)

anyways, if anyone plans to tag along, you better be ready to go and waiting at Carter Subaru for me at exactly 4:30pm! (be a little early if you need to be) cause then I will be heading down!

No promises guys. I'm developing an illness of some kind and I don't think I want to prolong it. I don't think you would like me to share it either.

Plus if I go, I think that I may be missing in action :brow: here.

Someone was talking something about headlights and a rack here.. thought he could use a little help. :santa:

Well, Our Run this year was Low Key......

For one reason or another a better portion of My Crew was unable to make it Saturday , opting for sunday instead.......I and a few others coundn't change plans mid stream Due to prior commitments, so We had 3 rigs go ....

My Suburban, Andrew's Turbo Wagon, and Donny from Bend with his Rx......

we went up played around in a foot or so of snow, Got our tree's and Head'ed down the Mountain around 3:30 or So......

Snowed on us pretty much the whole time we were up there.....Kids all had fun......

My Suburban drove us Home and then decided to Puke the fuel Pump here in the driveway.......So I am in the middle of getting that fixed......At least it drove us Home before puking on me......Must have Subaru Blood in it somewhere....:)

I. and Others have pics, I'll post as soon as I can.......

Later for now, John

yes, I will be uploading the pics into my album...

I had fun, the deal with the turbowagon didnt work the way we expected... so I ended up with a different wagon, but it was still nice!

the snow was great, it isnt quite as deep as it was here in WA, but it was nice and snowy (falling)... I wish I could have had my wagon or the XT with me, but driving the turbowagon was still fun in the snow, I didnt get stuck once... :D although driving with out snow tires is a bit slick!

getting to meet John (aside from WCSS5) and see the weeble (without its impressive tires) was nice, and I am glad he had a wagon that was what I was looking for...

I hope to be able to come down soon again to hang out with more of the oregon offroad group!

(well, I do need to come down soon anyways to pick up a car again! ;) )