Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

How to clean/prepare/pain breake caliper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FlyStyle_*

Guest_FlyStyle_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 09:04 PM

Hey all,

Just changed my front rotors today, and got some WRX rims/tires all put on today. Well after I took the tires off, and changed the rotor, i realized just how bad the calipers were. They were pretty well covered in as much road grim as there could be and this made me thing. first off i wanted to clean them and then paint them, but is there really an easy or at least a good way to do this so that they can eventually be painted without having to buy new ones? please any help would be great

thanks
Ali

#2 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

to clean and prep them properly you need to take them off, plug up the hole where the brake line plugs in, get some eagle one mag wheel cleaner, use it on the calipers to clean and prep them along with brake cleaner.before hand to get the big grease and grime.

#3 Guest_TinyClark_*

Guest_TinyClark_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:05 AM

You could take them someplace and have the outsides sand blasted. That would guarantee you a good clean base for paint to adhere to.

#4 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2003 - 06:23 AM

Only issue with doing that is you will need to take the entire caliper apart, including seals, and make sure you protect the inside areas from being blasted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users