Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to clean/prepare/pain breake caliper

Guest FlyStyle

Hey all,

Just changed my front rotors today, and got some WRX rims/tires all put on today. Well after I took the tires off, and changed the rotor, i realized just how bad the calipers were. They were pretty well covered in as much road grim as there could be and this made me thing. first off i wanted to clean them and then paint them, but is there really an easy or at least a good way to do this so that they can eventually be painted without having to buy new ones? please any help would be great

thanks

Ali

Guest Legacy777

to clean and prep them properly you need to take them off, plug up the hole where the brake line plugs in, get some eagle one mag wheel cleaner, use it on the calipers to clean and prep them along with brake cleaner.before hand to get the big grease and grime.

Guest TinyClark

You could take them someplace and have the outsides sand blasted. That would guarantee you a good clean base for paint to adhere to.

Guest Legacy777

Only issue with doing that is you will need to take the entire caliper apart, including seals, and make sure you protect the inside areas from being blasted.