Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll call!

Here's mine : 89 Brat. A little over 100k on the odometer (in miles). Little bit of rust around the window frame that needs to be cleaned up, a few dimples here and there.

Mods: Rear discs (thanks to Edrach), 5 speed box, pug 14" steel rims. 82 front clip (chrome bumper, straight grille). Slanted console for the Pioneer CD player from an '81 hatch. Looking for a full-size 82 rear bumper in chrome or black!

BRUMBYR.JPG

Dean.

My current daily driver:

100307ipw8.th.jpg

06 Impreza 1.5R Sports Wagon 5MT D/R with 3000 miles :lol: , bought new

Mods done: "Laser Sport"-exhaust, Sparco mudflaps, foglights

Mods planned: chrome doorhandles, 16" rims, WRX pedals,

My old friend, now at a new loving home:

130107yl3.th.jpg

89 Leone 1.8 GL 5MT D/R Touring Wagon "Alpin Special Edition" with 35.000 certified miles

I am searching for another Leone, maybe a Turismo now...

Dads soobie:

mai20057on9.th.jpg

05 Outback 2.5i 5MT D/R with 15.000 miles, bought new

And last not least my grandfather with his brandnew Subaru Justy and me:

060307go4.th.jpg

07 Subaru G3X Justy (aka Suzuki Ignis 4x4), 5MT, no mods planned, 200 miles

Lukas

Cool idea....

Well, in order of purchase....

'02 WRX in a 'Gold-Rim-Standoff' with a buddy of mine before I bent it all out of shape. (Mine is on the right).

Compare%20&%20Contrast.jpg

Plans - Take out the engine, tranny and stereo :) from the wreckage and squeeze them into my first Brat....

'86 Brat - Purchased on eBay for $450, seen here at the start of its journey home from South Florida.

Homeward%20Bound.jpg

Plans - Fix the rust, plug the roof's rusted through holes and follow the plan from the wrex.

'85 Brat - Purchased on eBay for $3000, a rare glimpse of the car on its only day of life in New Orleans before being front-end squished as a truck cut across its lane on the way home from work.

Day%201.jpg

Plans - Pull the front end back into shape and start using it as my daily driver. I'm presently driving a '93 GMC Sierra which tries its best to match the Brat's 28mpg.

Steve

Here is a pic of Murphy, the infamous $500 87 Turbo Wag!

IMGA2489.jpg

Mods:

Dual Core Rad.

Ditched Crappy 3AT for FT4WD 5 SPD.

Swapped Air Suspention with Monroe SensaTrac and RX Springs.

Digi Dash is history - 86 Analogue w/ Red LED backlit needles.

center-cluster1.JPG

That is Murph so far.

Here is the "new" Roo - Red! It's a $300 94 Alpine w/ a dead engine.

car11.JPG

Some of you may remember I bought it in Sept of last year. Well I haven't hardly touched it because there was a registration snaffue. It has taken nearly six months to get the car legaly registered in my name, but the waite is almost over.

wow, guess I should get my fleet on here of what I have left... or still...

2970505330067339125JpxQrt_th.jpg

1987 Subaru GL coupe, FWD 3AT, SPFI EA82. Got it for $100 a few months ago and the body is in premo condition. Blue interior which is getting changed to black. Currently is in the process of complete 5-lug conversion, RX FT4wd d/r 5-speed tranny swap, 3.7 rear LSD, turbo engine crossmember for later plans, WRX 16" alloys, RX checkerboard seats, short throw shifters, Pioneer DEH-P7700MP deck, Kicker Comp VR 12" subs in a Q-Logic box, Kenwood Excelon 1000watt amp, RX bodykit painted flat black, ebay coilovers, 2-piston front calipers and a few other odd-n-ends.

Future plans include an EJ20G swap, EJ AWD 5-speed with rear VLSD, STi hoodscoop, tinted windows, STi interior bits like seats and such, and a few more odd-n-ends.

2552184850067339125wwlmha_th.jpg

1978 Subaru Brat DL. Yes, its a shell but its getting the body worked on right now. Has been media blasted and is in epoxy primer. Plans? I don't know yet.... Return to stock? Maybe with a few upgrades...

2494524730067339125xKUtYq_th.jpg

1989 Subaru RX. Its another shell! Plans? Hoping it'll be gone this weekend... It had some major mods done to it but I kept blowing it up so when I got my silver coupe, this was done for.

302458436sqyich_th.jpg

1979 Subaru 4wd wagon. Its not a shell but its missing half the front end and its in Oregon. If someone wants to get it, you can have it for free, just go get it. I have a title and everything for it. Plans? If its still there when I move to Washington, she's gonna get the work done to her I was wanting to do waaaaay back when I got it, like 4 years ago.

FREE YOU SAY im on thatlike a fly on ************ let me know the location need a nice car for the lady friend

'81 brat gl. frame too rusty to make for a restore. drove for a couple of years but now afraid may bust in half :eek: . just gonna keep for partn now. has a good running EA81 w/178k and a good d/r tranny. synchs a little worn but nothing to cry about. would like to hook up a nice '82 someday....:)

100_0989_thumb.jpg

next is my '84 wagon GL. purchased from Boosted84wagon who got her from Oregonboy1. i REALLY love this car! in beautiful shape, and NO RUST. engine is getting a little tired w/210k on it. rims and push bar powder coated. planning on a hopped up CCR motor next year (summer of '08). want to tint the windows really bad. still gets around just fine tho. still looking for some misc. parts to really make her a thing of beauty! disc swap (and hopefully a weber) comming this summer!

100_0945_thumb.jpg

100_0940_thumb.jpg

AND i changed the dash lights to this cool red color from the ugly (IMO) amber.

100_0547.jpg

I guess I'll get into this too.

First off is my rusty ol' 86 Brat. I've had it for about 6 years now. It needs a lot of tlc, and for me to figure out the wiring for the ej22 swap:dead: .

Just played around with some extra 2wd struts and springs today and lowered the front about 2.5 inches.

2007_03240003.jpg

2007_03240004.jpg

2007_03240001.jpg

2007_03240002.jpg

2007_03240006.jpg

2007_03240005.jpg

I'm still not sure of its ultimate fate. It has a whole bunch of rust, she may just be the test mule for all the ej parts for when I find another one I can get my hands on. But I'm gonna do my best to save it in the meantime.

And this is our 06 Legacy 2.5i, had it for about a week now and we're still getting use to her.

2007_0316Legacy0001.jpg

2007_0316Legacy0002.jpg

2007_0316Legacy0003.jpg

2007_0316Legacy0005.jpg

2007_0316Legacy0004.jpg

2007_0316Legacy0006.jpg

thats a NICE legacy! :eek:

take good care of it

You can count on that. Its the newest car either the wife or I have had, we got it with just shy of 30k on the clock. She's having a little trouble adjusting to its bigger size(coming from a civic) But other than that she's doing good. Planning on having this one untill the wheels fall off of it in 30 years or so:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0079-1.jpg

this is the first car i bought with my own money. i paid $1000 for it, which was WAY too much. it was a $400 car. it was also the fist car i did ANYTHING mechanically too. i did a complete reseal, headgaskets, water pump, oil pump, belts hoses, radiator, shocks and struts, all new. drove it to colorado and back and did great. about a month after I get back a lady pulls out in front of me while she's putting her makeup on and totals my car. had some NASTY rust on the frame-rails... but I really went through hell with that car and beat the CRAP out of it and it never ONCE complained.

DSC_0154.jpg

'89 gl fwd 5spd. GREAT gas mileage. overheated it and blew the headgaskets.. and the oil pump is aireating like crazy. paid $700 for it, was a good car. nice cd player. it's hibernating right now... but it'll be back on the road sometime this year. don't know where the car is from, but no rust.

DSC_0150.jpg

this car up until last year was in Arizona and was originally from washington. very little rust around the windshield... undercarriage and everywhere else is solid as a rock. s/r 4wd 5spd with weberized EA82. needs tires before i can drive it on a regular basis, and it also runs a little warm even with a new rad. on the way back from nasheville (where i bought it) the cat clogged up about 20 miles into our 160 mile trip. yeah, it sucked, lol.

Well, mine are nothing special, but I love'em all the same!

11584JandJcropped.jpg

Jacinta The Great is a white '92 Loyale 4WD and is my wife's daily driver. She was purchased new by my wife's parents. She's starting to have nonstructural but pervasive rust issues from growing up in upstate NY. The most fun she ever had was driving on the beach north of Corolla in the Outer Banks of NC (see my avatar).

Junky is a red '94 (or maybe '93) Loyale 4WD and he was purchased on eBay for $136.50, in running condition but with lots of rust. He currently sits just where you see him, behind my in-laws garage near Albany, NY. He's missing more parts now than he was when this picture was taken, and he will probably go to the junkyard this summer when we visit.

AWESOME! THANK YOU!!!

Here is the 92 Loyale. 126k, pushbutton 5 speed. My daily driver and tractor of sorts. Mainly stock, hoping to swap in a DR tranny someday soon. Best car for fishin' EVER!

98_kb_soob_boat.JPG

I couldn't agree with you more!!! My dad and I always take out the loyale if we're going to be heading up into the hills for some fishing. First off, it'll get us those places your average car won't.... and the freakin station wagon is awesome for all the gear.

Mike

subie3.jpg

Paid $400 w/ a "bad tranny" that turned out to be a 25 spline axle. Drove it 20 miles home and proceeded to tear it appart. In the middle of 6-lug conversion w/ Toyota rims and 31/7.5 boggers. Stock height. Exhaust. Fuel Cell. Usual engine clean-up stuff. Lightened. Sawzall'd body. Maybe one day I'll be able to go off-roading for real.