Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some pics of the BRAT on the road

I am still trying to get the gravel pit thing lined up but at the very least I have a farm back wash with mud and dirt, that one is actually 5 min. from my house. I will keep you posted here. But lets go ahead and set Sunday in stone.

DIRECTIONS TO MY PLACE>

Come up 29 past Culpeper.

About 10 min past Culpeper you will see an exit to Remington, skip it and go about another mile to the larger one with the flashing lights.

Turn right into Remington. Rappahannock St will be ust down on your left. Turn left and you will see a row of double spaced town houses. Look for the American flag and the monster BRAT.

Lets shoot for 10:00?

heh now i know where ya live.. should be easy to get to..

I'm bettin it'll just be the wife, kid and I that come.. but 10:00 sounds fine to me.. kid wakes us up at 5:30 every morning anyways :banghead: will bring my digicam to get some pics..

took the hatch out today, is runnin ok.. funky vibration is there sometimes, and sometimes not.. if i keep the speedo on 60 (which is almost 70 i think) its nice and smooth..

gravel pit, mud, dirt, its all the same.. :D

Here are our options

I pre-ran the farm course and while it is small there is a diversity of terrain, mud, stream crossing, and hills. There is a larger area for us to explore.

There is the power line trail..... This one is a "with due warning" place. I run it but it does need some ground clearance and grip. We can hit it, make your own assesment on your ability to make it.

The local gravel pit will be locked tight on the weekend but there is the one in Fburg (about 30 min. away) that is generally open but we would be there at the risk of getting told to leave.

So I will see you guys at my place around 10:00. Is scrapdaddy going to make it? Tom06305 is working.

Are you guys going to eat breakfast before you leave or would you like something when you arrive?

well i haven't really found anything real good to play in here.. i know the mud holes i've been through are about 20 ft long, i drag bottom, sling mud about 8" deep, and don't get stuck.. so i guess that says a littel bit for the ole hatch..

Jules said it all depends on the weather.... if its nice outside he'll be in the driveway.. if its rainy he'll prolly be in the car with me..

the wife wants to go, but she doesn't wanna get bounced around alot (shes due in june) so i might just have her follow me in the RX.. that way she can follow us out to take pics, etc.. hopin she'll wanna do that, i haven't run the idea by her yet..

i know we'll have eaten by the time we get to your place, kid wakes us at 5:30 every morning anyways..

Mere pictures can not possibly prepare you for the sheer power and presence of The Monster BRAT. I watched daily as it was built from the ground up, piece by piece. I knew that I was witnessing history being made. But none of it prepared me for the actual experience of riding in it.

It really DOES handle like a sportscar. We took a tightly turning on-ramp at 60+ and were it not for the roar of the tires and the drone of those pipes, I would have sworn we were in Scott's RS. Owing to the momentum of the tires and the inherent stability of its considerable footprint, it cruises quite smoothly at highway speeds and executes manuvers with a definite authority dominating whatever terrain it finds itself crossing. As for braking, the bucket seats help but if you are not wearing your harness you had better brace yourself or you'll end up with diamond-plate waffle marks on your forehead from the glove box. :banghead: ouch! It is a ride not to miss. It will change your whole outlook on what a truck is supposed to be.

much props to Subarubrat

:headbang:

Been getting that, "you can't lift a subaru" crap here too, everytime I talk to someone about the plans for the BRAT.

I just ask them if the have internet access. If the say yes, I give them Scott's web site addy.

They usually don't have much flack to give after looking at it.

About busted a gut over that diamond-plate waffle marks on the forehead comment. Gotta be some "mean" brakes on that BRAT.

I know you have a lot of irons in the fire Scott, but you really need to get your site up-dated.