Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

SVX goes thud.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wrxsubaru_*

Guest_wrxsubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:56 PM

In the 92 SVX i bought, the car makes a thud sound like sometings lose when ever I hit a crack in the road, or a bump. The sound comes from the front right (passanger side). I looked underneath the car at the suspionsion compnets every thing looks good and tight, I also shoved/pryded around on the suspionsion compnets and nothing that moved, that souldent. Any ideas on what the sound could be?

#2 Guest_oobnuker_*

Guest_oobnuker_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:20 PM

Strut mount maybe?

#3 Guest_wrxsubaru_*

Guest_wrxsubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 01:17 PM

ill check. Thanks

#4 Guest_camosuba_*

Guest_camosuba_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 11:44 PM

i'd be very interested to hear how the swap to a manual goes when you do it and what parts were needed to it

regards camo

#5 Guest_brattysvx_*

Guest_brattysvx_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2003 - 05:02 PM

Did you check the brakes??? If there aren't shims on the pad they make a heck of a racket!

#6 Guest_wrxsubaru_*

Guest_wrxsubaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:27 PM

Ill check if there are shims. I am going to start the 5spd swap in late augest/ early september, because i am going on a trip for a month to michigan, family. At least i can ride some 4 wheelers and jet ski. I already hopefully have all the parts needed for the swap. tranny maching rear end, pedal assembley, upgraded clutch, and the small car performance basic 5spd kit. I want to do the swap my self, and if I do I will have $1100 left to mod the SVX. Thanks for all the ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users