Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show **FOOD**/stayover thread

Start kicking ideas around,please.

Thinking an early meet on Saturday at the Waffle House so we can be at the Show by 9AM or shortly thereafter.

From the looks of things,the opportunity for my crew to get there on Friday night is in existence.That would take the pressure off of having to rush down on Saturday morninig.And of course,be able to hit the Waffle House.:)

Is anyone intending on bringing a camping stove,grill,etc. to cook on?

My stuff is buried still,but I should be tearing through the storage unit in the month of April and could have the good ol' Coleman double burner there.

Maybe a nice homestyle cookout experience for Saturday afternoon and evening?

Who's camping?Who's snagging a room?

Anyone besides Andrew alergic to seafood?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we are planning on camping since I do have a sight...probably will be able to fit another tent on it if someone needs it..Tommy and me are campers but we dont have a cook stove...yet...but have everything else. We are planning on heading down Friday sometime.

Tommy is not allergic to seafood but he doesnt like it :Flame:

Darlingchip and I have a campsite reserved, so there will be some extra room if someone needs it...(we only have one tent)

I myself am a camping junkie, and I DO have my own coleman stove/frying pan and whatnot (which I will bring with me)

Paul...great call on Waffle House! (Jessica and I might even stop there friday night when we get into town....I hope she lets me anyway:grin: )

I vote Waffle house for breakfast, camp food for lunch, and a dinner out (we always hit the middlesex diner at Fall Carlisle.....GREAT food!)

:clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok we will be there early Saturday for sure, hopefully we can do a friday night stayover.

Anyway, I can make a pot of my Habanero Chili if there are a few people who like spicy. My chili gets rave reviews but its not for the faint-- only for HOT & Spicy lovers!! I could make a mild version I suppose. Been toying with a venision version too.....ok any feedback on this?

I live only about 10-15 minutes from Carlisle, so I can recommend a place or two...

It's a common restaurant, but Red Robin is a good spot for burgers. The one in Carlisle is right off of the highway (I-81), in a large parking lot with a Target, Old Navy, and department store. Lots and lots of space.

http://www.redrobin.com/home/locate.aspx

Carlisle Crossings

236 Westminster Drive

Carlisle, PA 17013

717-258-1030

:)

Carlisle is a cool little town.

Red Robin is outside of downtown, along Rt. 74.

-Chris

I am hoping to be there Friday..Have to catch up on some old home town places and all...I am sooo home sick!! (Siper2..I lived 12 years in Shermansdale) I am doing Georges thats for sure. We have 2 big coolers and a camp sight if anyone wants to share the sight..Looks like only Rocky will be coming sionce there is no way I will have Buckys brakes and all fixed by myself by then.

I am hoping to be there Friday..Have to catch up on some old home town places and all...I am sooo home sick!! (Siper2..I lived 12 years in Shermansdale) I am doing Georges thats for sure. We have 2 big coolers and a camp sight if anyone wants to share the sight..Looks like only Rocky will be coming sionce there is no way I will have Buckys brakes and all fixed by myself by then.

Is this the site that you can pay for for 15 bucks thats nearby or something? Im low on funds and would gladly split the site with you. My suby will be webered by then :)

Is this the site that you can pay for for 15 bucks thats nearby or something? Im low on funds and would gladly split the site with you. My suby will be webered by then :)

yup that be it...you are more then welcome to share the sight.and its right on the fair grounds...can't wait to hear what a difference the Webber makes

Yeah,well,I'm starting to think the northeast people are pretty snotty and even more uptight this year than ever.So buy a can of beans and gas up for Carlisle!!!:lol: :lol:

Bump for the prepetually hungry soul.:cool:

Going to be busting the hump and moving the storage so when the camping stove comes into view I'm stowing it away in the '78 for Carlsile.

What about you??????:Flame: Have a good recipie?Even a couple of burgers or dogs to toss on?So far I've only got someone's smokin tushy chili on my mind and only hoping for more mouthwatering unhealthiness to partake in.

Still an outside chance of that seafood lasagna I threathen to bring.

Oh wait,I think we're serving threaded rod!!!!,right Ben?? yuck yuck yuck....:)

I am sure I will bring something down..mayby something veggie ( broccoli,bacon,onion salad.mmmm)..Funds have become even tighter so who knows whats up...still have to find a kennel for my dog for the weekend ( I am super picky too)..Still dont know if Tommy is coming ..I may be solo-ing it ...all depends what is going on with Hockey play-offs..yes he is that addicted.

All I can say is..have big tent and 2 coolers.

We'll fine tune the details as it gets closer.

But in the meantime it'd be nice to see folks speak up,even if they don't want to be involved.Just say "nah,I'm going for the dogfood they serve at the consessions stand" or something like that.:)

Mostly,if we get an idea of who's bringing a stove or grill we can figure out burgers 'n dogs,etc. from there.

If money is tight I know I completely understand and just bring for yourself to keep from spending TOO much at those vendors and diners,etc..

Main thing is to try to show up.I don't have much trouble feeding a few friends for a meal or two.It's in my blood.:-p

Saturday-lunch and dinner is the main deal.If we stay over Saturday then we're almost certain to hit a diner (Sunday) or the W/H for convenience sake on Sunday AM.

Cheers!

Darlingchip and I have a campsite reserved, so there will be some extra room if someone needs it...(we only have one tent)

I myself am a camping junkie, and I DO have my own coleman stove/frying pan and whatnot (which I will bring with me)

I am definitely bringing all my camping-ware (pots, pans, plates and such), and my coleman stove. Im up for cooking some burgers and dogs......or maybe even something a little more involved than that.

I hate buying on the grounds.....too pricey!

I will buy some perishables once we get down there, and put em all in the cooler.

Cant wait!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Saturday-lunch and dinner is the main deal.If we stay over Saturday then we're almost certain to hit a diner (Sunday) or the W/H for convenience sake on Sunday AM.

Cheers!

So wait..i thought that everyone was heading over there friday night ..camping over then eating out saturday at a diner before the show? Is the plan now to head to Carlisle Saturday and leave on Sunday?

I plan on getting there sometime friday and camping...too long a drive for me to want to get up super early to meet at a diner so leaving Friday camping then meeting up.

Ok Im in the same boat your in so i think i too will be leaving friday and camping into saturday. Probably ill leave for home saturday night.

Plans vary from person to person.My plans are still uncertain,just tossing ideas out and potential schedules.

If I can get down there Friday night then yes,I'd be all over a nice meeting for breakfast anywhere that I don't have to prepare and clean up after....waffle house,diner....like that.

If I am still working late hours come that weekend then I have no choice but to drive down Saturday morning and arrive a little late for anything but just going into the show.At that point I'll be happy to make a lunch,maybe even dinner at the tent.

Typically after Saturday the majority goes home.Some stay for Sunday.Again,it all depends on my work schedule,which is due to fluxuate sometime soon.Wether its before or after Carlisle has yet to be determined.

Hope this clarifies.

See you there,sometime on Saturday for sure.

Cheers!